Toronto East Lofts Condos | ?m | 12s | Harhay | a—A

B

badga416

Its been mentioned before but the east lofts/condos site is up now with a somewhat larger render of this AA 12 story project for the corner of King E and Princess (e. of Sherbourne). This apparently will replace that 3-4 story red brick storage place that is currently on the site.

Its another 6 story plus 6 story setback looking building similar to a lot of the new ones going up on King E and W.

See east website

There are a few adds for this project in the Condo Life Magazine.

Looks to be a good partnership with Aa involved and Brad Lamb as well on the marketing side - should sell well.

SP32-20051104-200524.jpg

Not to rehash old stuff but I noticed that they have updated the east lofts and condo site. The link above is to the registration site. The new link is here. Click on the Contact page to see several more detailed renders in context (beside the small brick loft building to the west) and there is a 360 degree rotating render for more detail if you click on the video link.

Lots of black brick bring shades of the Four Seasons Centre to the east side. I am a little leery of this colour but I will side with some variety for the area. The Globe last friday noted that 50 of 129 units were sold in the first 4 days of it being open...pretty impressive.

Why the oriental-style marketing? The building looks nice, but the project looks just as Chinese as chop suey!

wylie:

It must be an offshoot of the Oriental-as-hip thing...something they've learned from Firefly/Serenity perhaps?

The funniest thing is the little seal imprint on the rendering - "beautiful life". What?!

AoD

Signs are up in the windows this week saying they are closing the sales centre to begin demolition.

My boss who lives in the area says a rumour has just started to float about that Jilly’s will be moving. Has anybody heard anything about this recently? Do we have any regulars at the place with some inside info? Just think of the possibilities for that intersection if the city could get in there and clean it up. Ideal area for some low/mid rise condo projects such as East Lofts to take hold. That area is desperately trying to change; its places like Jilly’s that are holding it back from its full potential.

East Construction Start?

Hi All -
Does anyone know when East condominiums, on King Street East, is scheduled to start construction? The sales office has been closed since at least June or July so I assumed that it would have started shortly thereafter, or at least after Labour Day.

East Construction Start??

Does anyone know when East (King and Princess, just east of Sherbourne) is slated to begin construction? I know that there was an OMB issues, which was resolved I believe at least six months ago, if not longer. They are certainly at their sales threshold, so I would assume construction is imminent?

Yes, I noticed it's been closed forever. In fact, I think it's been closed since September of last year. I assumed that the delay in construction was due to the OMB fight.

From the developer (Harhay Construction):

-currently vacating storage tenants
-demolition to commence in September 2007
-live web cam to be set up on their website
-projected occupancy December 2008

Back