Toronto East Harbour | 214.2m | 65s | Cadillac Fairview | Adamson

No point in looking back to the 1960's/1970's version of the company. Different leaders and owners with different needs and visions. 16 York has little in common with the TD Centre.

I've heard through the grapevine that $730 million was the purchase price. No idea if accurate.

Something I heard the other day leads me to believe a lead lessee may be in place or at least in advanced negotiation.

One would rather hope so if that price is in fact the case.

I've heard just under $700m from someone in the company.

Greater Toronto office market offers Q3 surprises: Avison Young
The most notable deal of the quarter was Cadillac Fairview‘s purchase of the East Harbour site from First Gulf and its partners for a reported $690 million. The largely vacant 38-acre site is located three kilometres east of the downtown core, with capacity for more than 10 million square feet of commercial space

No point in looking back to the 1960's/1970's version of the company. Different leaders and owners with different needs and visions. 16 York has little in common with the TD Centre.

I've heard through the grapevine that $730 million was the purchase price. No idea if accurate.

Brookfield Properties is closer to the old Fairview Corp. That built the TD Cantre. Bronfman Family.

Greater Toronto office market offers Q3 surprises: Avison Young
The most notable deal of the quarter was Cadillac Fairview‘s purchase of the East Harbour site from First Gulf and its partners for a reported $690 million. The largely vacant 38-acre site is located three kilometres east of the downtown core, with capacity for more than 10 million square feet of commercial space

What a flip! Not one dime of the $30 million land transfer tax will likely have to be paid either.

Last edited:
Brookfield Properties is closer to the old Fairview Corp. That built the TD Cantre. Bronfman Family.
@maestro

Fairview was the Montreal Bronfman family. They built the TD Centre. Brookfield (formerly Brascan) was the Toronto Bronfman family (the ones kicked out of Seagram). They had nothing to do with this. Phyllis Lambert (Sam Bronfman's daughter) was the one that got Mies to do both the Seagram tower in NY and the TD Centre.

Holy shit, $690 Million, now thats a whopper of a deal. Was there a broker involved? that wouldve made a nice commission cheque.

Lol ... I'm trying to imagine how that final scene unfolded with Frank's hand behind Barbara, but not actually touching her.

The blue sign “Smart Track , GO, TTC Arriving 2021” has been removed from the Soap Factory Building. Are they starting the teardown or is Smart track not happening by 2021 (maybe sooner) or is the Ontario line sign going up soon or maybe an electronic sign so they can keep changing the date.

Nov 2019
48B781F3-1A40-41B2-A5EF-CCA4A2A32D26.jpeg

33292B76-3207-4A8E-A2B6-CA3DB91B3FCC.png

March 22
13B610CF-05D7-4C26-8EB4-89BDD2818044.jpeg

Does anyone know if there have been any updates regarding this development? I know we are in the middle of a pandemic, just curious if this has been derailed or if it's likely to resume soon-ish.

Thank you!

Back