Toronto East Harbour | 214.2m | 65s | Cadillac Fairview | Adamson

This area should zoned as to having 400m tall towers. Its not near CN Tower to take away from its grandeur nor are there any shadowing concerns. We should get the world's greatest architects to design very interesting buildings. This is Toronto's chance to build another downtown, why make a carbon copy of the old one but re-invent it with some originality.

Shadow studies were done with the residential to the north of the site as per by-laws and were only permitted to go to a max height of around 250m this could change with amendments, but i doubt you will see much taller than that.

The first building 600,000 sqft was to be completed and opened 2023. In time for the flood mitigation and partial opening of the transit station. I doubt CF will want to vary too far off from that to get moving on the project for their return.

I'm sure the residents of the Beaches, Leslieville and Riverdale are aching to see 400 metre towers cropping up at Broadview and Lakeshore. Clean slate, indeed.

I'm not talking about height, clean slate to showcase architectural quality. I don't care if it's 10 metres or 500 metres, give me good architecture.

I'm not talking about height, clean slate to showcase architectural quality. I don't care if it's 10 metres or 500 metres, give me good architecture.
Exactly, the last thing we need is Bay Adelaide Centre 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 sprouting out of this prime piece of real estate. If there's some good imagination and thought put into this, East Harbour could rival and surpass places like Kings Cross in London. Not that i'm necessarily holding my breath on it though.

Exactly, the last thing we need is Bay Adelaide Centre 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 sprouting out of this prime piece of real estate. If there's some good imagination and thought put into this, East Harbour could rival and surpass places like Kings Cross in London. Not that i'm necessarily holding my breath on it though.
Have you looked at the renders for this?

That's exactly the kind of buildings are shown. Clones of Bay Adelaide Center.

This could be our Hudson Yards or Canary Wharf.

I'm not concerned about the heights.

This is Toronto, and the buildings will naturally inflate in height down the road.

I'm more interested in seeing what they bring to the table design-wise.

Have you looked at the renders for this?

That's exactly the kind of buildings are shown. Clones of Bay Adelaide Center.

This could be our Hudson Yards or Canary Wharf.
95% of the buildings you've seen are placeholders, not official renderings.

Yes, only the old soap factory has an official design. All others are placeholders based on splitting the 10 million sqft of proposed office space over the rest of the buildings. Designs for each building will be done when the architects are selected per building.

This is crazy exciting. A brand new transit hub and arguably a second downtown, something that Yonge & Eg should have been. Hopefully this actually pans out though.

This is crazy exciting. A brand new transit hub and arguably a second downtown, something that Yonge & Eg should have been. Hopefully this actually pans out though.
Yeah it will be nice to have that on the east side, but i doubt it will ever have that feeling of a 2nd downtown and more like a 2nd Southcore

Cadillac Fairview buying this development is honestly one of the best things that could have happened to it. Great Gulf, despite being a fantastic residential developer, unfortunately has a really weak office portfolio through their First Gulf arm. Most of their portfolio consists of business parks and strip malls in the 905. Their most high-profile office projects are 351 King East and 25 Ontario (of which is yet to be built).

Cadillac Fairview's is stronger in comparison. In terms of offices, they have developed RBC Centre, Tour Deloitte, and Simcoe Place. When it comes down to it, there's not much that they have developed themselves, as most of their current office portfolio was acquired from others over the years, but office projects underway like 160 Front and 555 West Cordova bode well for the architectural design of the towers in this development. I'm sure with a project this important and high profile, CF will be able to put a decent amount of money into making sure that the designs will be adequate. My guess is that they're going to be using East Harbour to compete for tenants with Oxford's Union Park, so it'll be in their best interest to make this a quality project.

When it comes down to it, there's not much that they have developed themselves...

How about a corporate office development legacy which dates back to the early 1960's, starting with the TD Centre itself, starting a joint venture between TD Bank and Fairview Corporation as the developer...

When it comes down to it, there's not much that they have developed themselves...

How about a corporate office development legacy which dates back to the early 1960's, starting with the TD Centre itself, starting a joint venture between TD Bank and Fairview Corporation as the developer...

You're right, I forgot about TD Centre. For some reason I thought it wasn't that old of a company, and was mostly focusing on their work after being acquired by the OTPP.

Back