Toronto East Harbour | 214.2m | 65s | Cadillac Fairview | Adamson

They are Definitely awaiting smart track to fill up these offices....perhaps the relief line too? How will those two proposals 'meet up' and I wonder where?

They are Definitely awaiting smart track to fill up these offices....perhaps the relief line too? How will those two proposals 'meet up' and I wonder where?
SmartTrack and the Relief Line will not have a very pleasant interchange, even if the Relief Line dips through for an Eastern Ave alignment. It would be longer than the Main St interchange.

SmartTrack and the RL's best hope for an interchange is at Gerrard Square.

SmartTrack and the Relief Line will not have a very pleasant interchange, even if the Relief Line dips through for an Eastern Ave alignment. It would be longer than the Main St interchange.

SmartTrack and the RL's best hope for an interchange is at Gerrard Square.

I was told at the public meetings that the Unilever site will be served by a GO station, while the subway will most likely have a station at Queen & Broadview which is unfortunately a few minutes walk away from the area. The interchange between GO/ST and DRL will be at Gerrard Square.

Didn't the First Gulf Company say that they are going to develop something like 15 million square feet of office on this property? And it was going to be big like the Canary Wharf development in London England?

Last edited:
It's going to be built out over many years... decades, even. The site is so huge, the potential for soaring office and residential space so vast, it's going to pull 'downtown' eastward. But like the Portlands redevelopment, it ain't gonna happen tomorrow, and it's going to be done over several steps.

I was told at the public meetings that the Unilever site will be served by a GO station, while the subway will most likely have a station at Queen & Broadview which is unfortunately a few minutes walk away from the area. The interchange between GO/ST and DRL will be at Gerrard Square.

The talk at the transit consultations is as if all the decisions have been made, and that they just want to explain to you why the preferred option is the only one that will work. Those are not decisions yet though, so don't be afraid to push back when you have something to contribute to the consultation.

Didn't the First Gulf Company say that they are going to develop something like 15 million square feet of office on this property? And it was going to be big like the Canary Wharf development in London England?

They have applied for 10 million square feet of office space on the site, and yes, they are comparing it to Canary Wharf.

That's just on their property. If a successful node begins to develop, we will nearly certainly see other landowners in the area try to join in the action, so the potential of this area is far more than even 10 million square feet of office. I think it's going to happen, but over a 20 to 30 year period to fully build out.

When looking at the Relief Line numbers, and the older ridership numbers for the Port Lands / East Bayfront LRTs (which never included this massive proposal), I think some kind of as-yet-unstudied configuration will need to be worked out. East Bayfront LRT plans show serious capacity issues as the line headed into Union Loop (issues which will be worsened with the revelation that "slow orders" come with side-of-road LRT alignments). And current Relief Line/ST numbers show very high ridership for Broadview-King (option C) and Pape-Unilever-King (option D2).

Leads me to believe that perhaps with the Pape-Queen Relief Line (option B1, the current favourite) we can plan for a tail track/spur that could dive south into the Unilever site? Not to be built immediately, but at least put into the design specs so it can be roughed-in during construction and potentially built at a later phase. Either that, or reconfigure the East Bayfront LRT plans to allow more grade-separation along the critical 2km Union to Cherry section.

Regardless, these are fun developments to follow. Even in their current state, the South of Eastern and Port Lands area are great to have so close to downtown. Many times when entertaining visitors to the city I'll take them on a ride along through the area.

That's just on their property. If a successful node begins to develop, we will nearly certainly see other landowners in the area try to join in the action, so the potential of this area is far more than even 10 million square feet of office. I think it's going to happen, but over a 20 to 30 year period to fully build out.
This is very true. The Portlands are right nearby and the 'master plan' calls for lots of mixed-use.

I am wondering if anyone else on the forum is planning to do the Lever site for Jane's Walk as I can't but still would like to hear the information coming from it.

There was a render in the paper on Saturday too - looked quite nice, it appeared to be of the transit station with a giant platform over the broadview extension for pedestrians.

Back