East Harbour | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | O.M.A.

Undead

Member Bio
Reaction score
Regressive corporate culture will force people back to offices so commercial and residential demand in the core will recover.

Tony

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sorry, this is a bit off topic but I remember reading that East Harbour is planning something like 10 million sq ft of office space to Toronto's stock and I've been trying to find out how many square feet the city currently has and for the life of me I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone have the number?

It's driving me nuts. I know I should be able to find it but I can't. Please end my suffering.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Sorry, this is a bit off topic but I remember reading that East Harbour is planning something like 10 million sq ft of office space to Toronto's stock and I've been trying to find out how many square feet the city currently has and for the life of me I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone have the number?

It's driving me nuts. I know I should be able to find it but I can't. Please end my suffering.

Current as at July 2019:

Within the city of Toronto, there is currently 164.3 million sq. ft. of office space, including 87.68 million sq. ft. within downtown and 76.62 million sq. ft. in suburban areas.

From: https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vancouver-toronto-office-demand-july-2019-report

Q32020 report from CBRE:

1606521947638.png

Last edited:

cjames10

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Henning-Larsen and the original architects previously arranged to design this site (under first gulf) are still designing East harbour under new leadership (Cadillac Fairview)? This development feels very quiet lately.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Henning-Larsen and the original architects previously arranged to design this site (under first gulf) are still designing East harbour under new leadership (Cadillac Fairview)? This development feels very quiet lately.
If anyone knew, they would have posted it. UT Members generally like to scoop one another with big news like that. In the meantime, this is a longterm project, pretty much all commercial space, and with some uncertainty what with one thing and another lately, don't expect anything tomorrow.

am29

Member Bio
Reaction score
If anyone knew, they would have posted it. UT Members generally like to scoop one another with big news like that. In the meantime, this is a longterm project, pretty much all commercial space, and with some uncertainty what with one thing and another lately, don't expect anything tomorrow.

That competitive spirit amongst members is what makes this virtual forum amazing and often the first place news is broken in this city.

Never change UT, never change.

lomeri

Member Bio
Reaction score
Anyone with an inside scoop have an idea when we might hear more about the East Harbour Site? In the most recent Smarttrack doc (https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/ex/bgrd/backgroundfile-159999.pdf), the city is noting RFP issuance for Q4 2021. However, they note that "* East Harbour Station is being developed through a TOD/TOC approach with a prospective Design-Builder. The terms of the design and construction are currently being negotiated."

Should we see more details before Q4 from Cadillac Fairview?