Toronto East FiftyFive | 83.21m | 24s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

Update: https://fortressrealdevelopments.com/projects/east-fifty-five/

On November 24, 2016, the OMB approved the Zoning By-Law Amendment for East Fifty Five and granted Site Plan Approval, subject to the approval conditions. Given the substantial sales to date, construction is expected to start in the second quarter of 2017. The on-site sales office is open six days a week and will remain in operation for the next couple of months. Check www.east55condos.ca for the sales centre hours.

updated on the fortress website from July:

Lamb Development and Hyde Park Homes are wrapping up construction financing at the fully approved East Fifty Five project, and demolition of the on-site structures is expected to commence in the third quarter. The on-site sales office closed in the second quarter and sales at the site have surpassed 70%. Completion of the East Fifty Five tower is now slated for 2019.

Sales here haven't been incredible, but looks like it will get through.

Layouts aren't the greatest. Pretty ordinary project as well. Lamb is doing and has done better work west of this site.

Perhaps - but I like this project and this neighbourhood - so I bought a unit. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Would be nice to have some form of communication from them though

Perhaps - but I like this project and this neighbourhood - so I bought a unit. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Would be nice to have some form of communication from them though

It is a nice area. Lamb you're not going to get much communication. I think it will turn out pretty nice, just not one of Lamb's better builds IMO.

I thought the bigger layouts here were quite good - I almost bought a unit here myself. What I didn't like was that it was tucked inside of the block, and the number of similarly tall projects going up around it. I still like it a lot with the exposed concrete, and the gas lines + balcony bbq's. Glad to hear things FINALLY about to start - 2019 seems ambitious to me.

I doubt it will be ready for 2019 - just hoping it gets built. Are there lots of towers planned on that block?

I find the east side much quieter than the west buts seems to have been forgotten about by developers until recently. I did check out some west end projects but was late and many projects had sold the better layouts. we really liked the gas lines on balconies that seem to be standard for lamb projects. The finishes seem to be nice too - better than most standard builders.

What might be weird is the podium - i am sure on day the building next to it will get developed - that amenity space and pool may get blocked in.

I doubt it will be ready for 2019 - just hoping it gets built. Are there lots of towers planned on that block?

I find the east side much quieter than the west buts seems to have been forgotten about by developers until recently. I did check out some west end projects but was late and many projects had sold the better layouts. we really liked the gas lines on balconies that seem to be standard for lamb projects. The finishes seem to be nice too - better than most standard builders.

What might be weird is the podium - i am sure on day the building next to it will get developed - that amenity space and pool may get blocked in.

Why would it not get built? Looking into an assignment here - worried if I pay out someone's profit and it doesn't get built, the builder will only give me back the money on the original purchase price, not the total amount I paid. Anyone heard from the developer why the site is still just a parking lot?

Yonderbean also mentioned these streets are pedestrian hostile - how so?

Why would it not get built? Looking into an assignment here - worried if I pay out someone's profit and it doesn't get built, the builder will only give me back the money on the original purchase price, not the total amount I paid. Anyone heard from the developer why the site is still just a parking lot?

Yonderbean also mentioned these streets are pedestrian hostile - how so?

Meant that I don't think it will be done by November 2019 - They submitted tons of building permits now and sent out an update that construction will be starting soon - hopefully they get shovels in the ground - will be nice to see it going up!

Meant that I don't think it will be done by November 2019 - They submitted tons of building permits now and sent out an update that construction will be starting soon - hopefully they get shovels in the ground - will be nice to see it going up!

I live in the neighbourhood and not sure about hostile pedestrians... there are a couple new condos going up/built - maybe because of the construction?

Back