News   Mar 28, 2024
 487     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 399     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 742     0 

Toronto East Bayfront: Aitken Place Park | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Oh god. Love the park, but, please tell me that's not street parking all along the waterfront road.
It is street parking but these streets are still not transferred to the City so they have no City-mandated parking or other regulations. Lets hope that when they are transferred they will not have parking. (Though the stub of Lower Sherbourne beside the George Brown building has been transferred, has no parking signage, but little or no enforcement!

I'm surprised that geometric climbing apparatus got past the liability police. Is that some kind of soft surface with give under it?

It is gorgeous, trees are doing well. However, if any pest or disease came along, they are all clones, they'll likely lose all of them.

Considering Toronto has a decent number of movie shoots, I would not be surprised to see this almost exact shot in an upcoming movie. It's beautiful.

It is street parking but these streets are still not transferred to the City so they have no City-mandated parking or other regulations. Lets hope that when they are transferred they will not have parking. (Though the stub of Lower Sherbourne beside the George Brown building has been transferred, has no parking signage, but little or no enforcement!

I think it's ludicrous that there's a street there at all; it's just so unnecessary. We've got a nice new park and a nice new extension to the waterfront promenade, and then we went and threw a street right in between them to break it up? "Hey kids, use this park and spill out onto our water's edge, OH, but be sure to watch out for the traffic we caused!"

I raised this with some WT folks at a drop-in a while back, who said something along the lines of "ugh, yes, we know; talk to the City's Transportation Department -- they pushed this", which jives with pretty much every interaction I've had with the 1950s-minded folks at Transportation.

Took my dog to the park yesterday and there’s no water station in the dog enclosure. Seems like a poor choice not to include this in their design. Also, there’s no shelter structure at top of hill/pathway, nor is there a stairwell from top area to the west side near playground, as their designs suggested. Why do these projects cut so many corners and cheap their way through things!!

Please join us to celebrate a major milestone in the transformation of our waterfront – the official opening of Aitken Place Park in East Bayfront.

Date: Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Time: 3:00pm to 4:00pm
Location: Located east of Merchant’s Wharf and south of Edgewater Drive
Map: Click here
Transit: Closest TTC subway station is Union Station. Take the 6 Bay Bus or the 72 Pape Bus to Dockside Drive and Queens Quay East. Walk east along Queens Quay East and make a right at Merchant’s Wharf. Follow Merchant’s Wharf south until you reach Aitken Place Park. Please use the TTC trip planner for additional options.
Parking: We strongly recommend taking public transit, but if you are driving, paid parking is available nearby at George Brown College on Queens Quay East at Dockside Drive.
Accessibility: Aitken Place Park is fully accessible.

If you have specific accommodation requirements, or require more information please contact Waterfront Toronto by email at info@waterfrontoronto.ca or by telephone at 416-214-1344.

That street looked dumb in the plans, and it's even worse now that it's built. :( The way it cuts off the park from the long walkway in the picture above is just a big facepalm. Hopefully in practice it won't be a big deal if it turns out there's limited traffic on the street.

Back