Toronto e2 at ePlace | 156.56m | 46s | Capital Developments | TACT Architecture

Agreed, but a) that's getting towards proximity of Crosstown's Avenue Road station, not the Yonge-Eg node, and b) I'm sure that there would be too much cap pressure on the height down that far. I'd love to be wrong but...
I think coming up to chaplin would be fine then in that case. I wish it would extend to bathurst though.
Every one of those office buildings btw have applications for them, that seemed to have stalled. That is what I was referring to in my earlier post.

90 Eglinton West
36-44 Eglinton West

What is the likelihood of 53 Division of the TPS relocating from their attractive site on the south-west corner of Eglinton and Duplex I wonder?
I think if given a good deal in one of the new buildings then they might.

I think if given a good deal in one of the new buildings then they might.
That Duplex Crescent needs to go.

A developer needs to snap up the properties, and propose a project where there is storefront along Eglinton and Duplex, but using the space occupied by the lots on Duplex Crescent as the new location for 53 Divison. Hopefully, given the proximity to Yonge-Eglinton Station, there would be office component. Maybe even integrating nicely with the police station, in a PATH-like (or rather, like in the offices at Canada Square) way where people can enter the complex from Eglinton and pass through offices and retail.

Hopefully it would be integrated nicely as well with whatever does end up happening on the Eglinton Bus Bay site.

I agree. I do think the area south of Eglinton Park could have potential however.
I've never really thought about how the area between Eglinton, Oriole, Duplex and Anderson compared to the area between Eglinto, Yonge, Mt. Pleasant and Soudan before.

You are right, what a difference in density and scale, yet the same proximity to Eglinton Station.

That Duplex Crescent needs to go.

A developer needs to snap up the properties, and propose a project where there is storefront along Eglinton and Duplex, but using the space occupied by the lots on Duplex Crescent as the new location for 53 Divison. Hopefully, given the proximity to Yonge-Eglinton Station, there would be office component. Maybe even integrating nicely with the police station, in a PATH-like (or rather, like in the offices at Canada Square) way where people can enter the complex from Eglinton and pass through offices and retail.

Hopefully it would be integrated nicely as well with whatever does end up happening on the Eglinton Bus Bay site.
I agree for sure, it's beginning to look out of place. I actually think now is the time for an underground in Yonge Eglinton, I think the area can support it. I would like to a new new high rise at duplex.
I've never really thought about how the area between Eglinton, Oriole, Duplex and Anderson compared to the area between Eglinto, Yonge, Mt. Pleasant and Soudan before.

You are right, what a difference in density and scale, yet the same proximity to Eglinton Station.
It's jarring. One side you can clearly see forest hill, the other is busy, interesting, and emerging.

What is the likelihood of 53 Division of the TPS relocating from their attractive site on the south-west corner of Eglinton and Duplex I wonder?

Depends on the likelihood of 53 Division finding a new suitable home in the Yonge and Eg area. With a booming population, their presence there is increasingly justified.

At the first public meeting last night residents were generally supportive of the wider sidewalks and POPS, which would have seating, trees, and turf for dogs.

People and councillor Matlow were not happy about height (go figure) and the prospect of even more construction.

Pretty cool though, there will be direct access to the subway and future LRT from this building, connecting to the tunnel in E Condos. So residents of the area will have to spend less time outside in inclement weather!

roe.jpg
roe2.jpg
roe3.jpg

Attachments

• roe.jpg
    roe.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 931
  • roe2.jpg
    roe2.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 930
  • roe3.jpg
    roe3.jpg