Toronto e2 at ePlace | 156.56m | 46s | Capital Developments | TACT Architecture

From the Site's Transportation documents:

A direct connection to the Toronto Transit Commission / Metrolinx subway and future light rail transit line is proposed on Parking Level 1 (P1), using a future connection to 31 Roehampton Avenue.
The existing Eglinton Station (Yonge-University-Spadina Subway) is approximately 200 metres to the south-west of the subject site. This particular development is designed with a knockout panel to directly provide tunnelled access to the subway station/future mobility hub.

From the Site's Planning Rationale documents:

At the end of the POPS is a public access to the Eglinton TTC subway station, provided through a public connection at the south end of the building, with both an elevator and stairs that bring residents down to the first underground level. A knockout panel in the underground garage of E15 will provide direct connection to the station and retail concourse.
The subject site is located within approximately 70 metres (radius distance) and 175 metres (walking distance) to the nearest entrance to the Eglinton subway station and is part of the Yonge-Eglinton Centre. In addition, the under-construction E15 Condos to the east will include a direct, publicly-accessible, underground connection to the subway station. The building will include a knockout panel in the first underground level of E15, along its east lot line which abuts the subject site. As part of this proposed development, a connection to E15’s direct subway link is proposed, to be accessed from the ground floor lobby

So it looks like this is at the end of the POP space and is open to the public. Here is a map I pulled from the architectural document:

POP_TTC.png

The entrance is at the very bottom. It looks to be elevator accessible.

So how will the TTC connection in E Condos look like anyway?

Attachments

• POP_TTC.png
    POP_TTC.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 1,162
Yup, that'll get into the thread title when we have time to create the dataBase file!

Of note though, if any of you have convincing heights for any of the projects where there's a ? where the number of metres should be in the thread title, let us know! Typically (but not always) the heights are missing when there have been Committee of Adjustment-approved changes, and we've had trouble tracking them down.

This development has been added to The 120m List.

View attachment 96726

The entrance is at the very bottom. It looks to be elevator accessible.

This is great, a neat little entrance for any residents along Roehampton. Saves them waiting/leapfrogging through the intersection at Yonge. E Condos might have solved that anyway I guess.

I love the way Yonge and Eglinton is turning out recently, I wish there were more condos built west of Yonge though.

I agree, Yonge and Eg is becoming very lopsided to the east. But if you look at Eglinton west of Yonge, it's good condition office buildings on the north side of the street, and older, potentially heritage apartment buildings to the south. Beyond the blocks fronting Eglinton, it's single family houses that are well established together. Inroads for new development is very limited, with the easiest sites already redeveloped: NE corners of Duplex/Orchard View and Duplex/Berwick. Existing high rise apartments on the east side have given fuel to the brush fire over there.

I think if someone is going to go for a new development east of Yonge, they would look at redeveloping one of the parking structures at Canada Square over riling up any neighbourhoods.

I agree, Yonge and Eg is becoming very lopsided to the east. But if you look at Eglinton west of Yonge, it's good condition office buildings on the north side of the street, and older, potentially heritage apartment buildings to the south. Beyond the blocks fronting Eglinton, it's single family houses that are well established together. Inroads for new development is very limited, with the easiest sites already redeveloped: NE corners of Duplex/Orchard View and Duplex/Berwick. Existing high rise apartments on the east side have given fuel to the brush fire over there.

I think if someone is going to go for a new development east of Yonge, they would look at redeveloping one of the parking structures at Canada Square over riling up any neighbourhoods.
I agree. I do think the area south of Eglinton Park could have potential however.

I agree. I do think the area south of Eglinton Park could have potential however.

Agreed, but a) that's getting towards proximity of Crosstown's Avenue Road station, not the Yonge-Eg node, and b) I'm sure that there would be too much cap pressure on the height down that far. I'd love to be wrong but...

But if you look at Eglinton west of Yonge, it's good condition office buildings on the north side of the street,
Every one of those office buildings btw have applications for them, that seemed to have stalled. That is what I was referring to in my earlier post.

90 Eglinton West
36-44 Eglinton West

What is the likelihood of 53 Division of the TPS relocating from their attractive site on the south-west corner of Eglinton and Duplex I wonder?

Back