Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Another issue I have noticed: Privacy glass on balcony is too short.

Due to the design of ECondos, every unit is connected with the next door units via balcony.
However, for whatever reason, the privacy balcony on balcony at ECondos is noticeably shorter than other condos I've been to.
I'm 6' and I could easily see inside the bedroom of next door units from my balcony.

In addition to the privacy issue, the height of privacy glass also raises a security concern.
Due to the bottom-to-top metal screen installed on the balcony, people can easily and safely go over the privacy glass and enter the next door unit's balcony.
The metal screen will not only keep them safe but also hide them from outside, while going over the privacy glass.

More than 50% of the units will probably be used for rental or airbnb. With the growing number of crimes in Toronto (7,500 break and enter in 2018), the short privacy glass sure is an issue.

Bazis and Rosario Varacalli.. seriously. what were they thinking?

econdos.jpg

Last edited:
I've ways wondered, are you allowed to place tall planters or evergreens on each side of your balcony, something like this ?

There are quite a few design ideas that not only make your balcony more inviting and useable but also provide privacy.

That's one thing I don't see much of in Toronto condos... unique balcony ideas. Though that steel mesh would definitely annoy me.

Another issue I have noticed: Privacy glass on balcony is too short.

Due to the design of ECondos, every unit is connected with the next door units via balcony.
However, for whatever reason, the privacy balcony on balcony at ECondos is noticeably shorter than other condos I've been to.
I'm 6' and I could easily see inside the bedroom of next door units from my balcony.

In addition to the privacy issue, the height of privacy glass also raises a security concern.
Due to the bottom-to-top metal screen installed on the balcony, people can easily and safely go over the privacy glass and enter the next door unit's balcony.
The metal screen will not only keep them safe but also hide them from outside, while going over the privacy glass.

More than 50% of the units will probably be used for rental or airbnb. With the growing number of crimes in Toronto (7,500 break and enter in 2018), the short privacy glass sure is an issue.

Bazis and Rosario Varacalli.. seriously. what were they thinking?

View attachment 170246

I've ways wondered, are you allowed to place tall planters or evergreens on each side of your balcony, something like this ?

There are quite a few design ideas that not only make your balcony more inviting and useable but also provide privacy.

That's one thing I don't see much of in Toronto condos... unique balcony ideas. Though that steel mesh would definitely annoy me.

I like your idea! It just needs to be heavy enough to stay in the balcony. Otherwise, things get blown away off the balcony on windy days.
And I do agree, the bottom-to-top perforated metal screen was a horrible idea.

The one photo perfectly highlights why you see washed out grey, blue and green glass over bright and strong colours. I dated someone who lived in Waterclub on Queens Quay. Everything within view of the windows was turned blue on bright sunny days.

Veronika Belovich, director of sales and marketing for Bazis, tells us that the company is aware of the problem. “The building is still under construction and we are working on fixing the noise issue,” she wrote in an email. “The noise is created by wind interaction with balcony railings. Once all the railing components are installed, the noise will cease.” Belovich says Bazis is aiming to have all those balcony components installed by spring, meaning Yonge and Eglinton has at least a few more months of intermittent condo scream ahead of it.

"we are working on fixing the noise issue"? I call it just another BS from Bazis. They will not do anything about it. The noise caused by excessive use of metal screens won't be gone by installing remaining metal screens.

Last edited:
"we are working on fixing the noise issue"? I call it just another BS from Bazis. They will not do anything about it. The noise caused by excessive use of metal screens won't be gone by installing remaining metal screens.
It isn't BS. I assure you they're already working on a solution

It isn't BS. I assure you they're already working on a solution
I certainly hope you are right and they are actually working on a real solution . But IMHO, I 100% disagree with "Once all the railing components are installed, the noise will cease."
The article was posted a day ago, and the linked video was posted a week ago. More than 90% of the railing components are already installed. I don't think installing remaining few pieces will "cease" the noise as they said. I have purchased 3 units at E Condos and going through another assignment purchase right now. I certainly and definitely hope the condo turns out nicely at the end.

I certainly hope you are right and they are actually working on a real solution . But IMHO, I 100% disagree with "Once all the railing components are installed, the noise will cease."
The article was posted a day ago, and the linked video was posted a week ago. More than 90% of the railing components are already installed. I don't think installing remaining few pieces will "cease" the noise as they said. I have purchased 3 units at E Condos and going through another assignment purchase right now. I certainly and definitely hope the condo turns out nicely at the end.
I am right and they are working on a solution involving dampeners. This isn't speculation (like what you're posting). It's fact. Let's revisit this in a month or two and see what unfolds.

Back