Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I'm pretty much never a fan of superblocks, so I guess I will have to register my objection to my project. No issue with the height or density here at all, but I would be very surprised if a superblock complex didn't leave the block deader than it is now.

Am I the only one whose attention was instantly drawn to the pigeon flying across the street?

DastardlyAndMuttley1.jpg

Maybe not.

Yep!!

If you move the line to the right to included 40 Eglinton and 31-35 Roe, that a supper block

Don't forget there are towers going up on the north side of Roe and Yonge

You can add 2-3 towers here with no problem using a 4- 8 story podium. Then we can go for that 100 story here and piss off the nimby more.

Bring it on

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty much never a fan of superblocks, so I guess I will have to register my objection to my project. No issue with the height or density here at all, but I would be very surprised if a superblock complex didn't leave the block deader than it is now.

Other than a store or 2, this block is not dead as you claim.

Other than a store or 2, this block is not dead as you claim.

That was my point. It's not dead at all. I fear that it will be dead--or at least more dead than now--if we build some condo superblock on the site.

To be clear, I'm fine with a huge condo at Yonge and Eglinton. I'm just not thrilled with levelling a whole block for one project, assuming that's what's planned here.

That was my point. It's not dead at all. I fear that it will be dead--or at least more dead than now--if we build some condo superblock on the site.

To be clear, I'm fine with a huge condo at Yonge and Eglinton. I'm just not thrilled with levelling a whole block for one project, assuming that's what's planned here.

Agree 100%. I'd be really surprised if they bought 25 Roehampton as shown on that super block map above. That's a seven storey rental building and would just get annoying to have to replace the rental units as per City policy (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know its been done before). 31 Roehampton is three storey rental and the next building is 39 Roehampton which is a condo (have fun buying out all the owners).

Hell, I think they haven't bought north of 2281 Yonge, maybe 2287 (Kitchen Stuff Plus), then they get the lane access from Roehampton, but most importantly don't kill Vortex Records. All that matters is Vortex Records. :D

Is there any way to find out exactly which buildings they bought? I assume the closing dates on some of the buildings that they bought are yet to come, but it would be interesting to know just how big this project really is, we know it's big, but exactly how big is it?

i'm wondering if people's imagination are getting out of hand.

this is a guestimate but a super-block like below is about 400 ft x 250 ft.
a parcel as large as 10 Eglinton E + 2281 Yonge St (approx 200 ft x 200 ft) would more than accommodate a large tower, and give the developer a very sizable corner.

are you talking about a site as big as this?

YongeandEglintonNE3.jpg

i'm wondering if people's imagination are getting out of hand.

this is a guestimate but a super-block like below is about 400 ft x 250 ft.
a parcel as large as 10 Eglinton E + 2281 Yonge St (approx 200 ft x 200 ft) would more than accommodate a large tower, and give the developer a very sizable corner.

If it's just one tower, I doubt Bazis bought more than 3 or 4 buildings. If it's a huge multi-phase development it's possible they bought more, but the less buildings they buy, the more profit they make. If they could build a 57 floor condo by just buying and tearing down 2 buildings they'd do it. They wouldn't buy more buildings than they have to.

If it's just one tower, I doubt Bazis bought more than 3 or 4 buildings. If it's a huge multi-phase development it's possible they bought more,

This is going to be one of Toronto's key intersections (actually it already is but will become even more so). If I had the resources, I would buy as much as possible even if part were to be a phase 2. This area has no where to go but up. With two subway lines and reasonably close proximity to the 401, the sky is the limit.

Last edited:
This is going to be one of Toronto's key intersections (actually it already is but will become even more so). If I had the resources, I would buy as much as possible even if part were to be a phase 2. This area has no where to go but up. With two subway lines and reasonably close proximity to the 401, the sky is the limit.

If they bought that whole block, they could easily build 3, 4 or more phases. Like you said, that intersection is one of the most sought out in the whole city, and I'm sure it would still sell out relatively quickly. The key for them is whether or not they get approval to get this built. I'll be one of the first lined up to try to buy a unit.

I work at Vortex, which I think is a part of the parcel above 299 there. We rent the space. I mentioned all of this to my boss and the landlord hasn't mentioned anything to him. For now I'd guess that Bazis hasn't bought the entire block.

I work at Vortex, which I think is a part of the parcel above 299 there. We rent the space. I mentioned all of this to my boss and the landlord hasn't mentioned anything to him. For now I'd guess that Bazis hasn't bought the entire block.

This doesn't really mean anything. Property is still owned by the same owner since 1985. Tenants won't know anything until it has actually close when they find that they will be paying rent to a new landlord and the depending when the lease agreement is until--they legally can just say that they will not renew the lease(just prior to construction). Depending how the lease is written, they just have to give--in writing--the timeframe to say for you to vacate the property.

I'm so not into having this block go condo. Maybe the TD and Burger King on Eglinton but that's it. Best block in the area will be wrecked if it all goes condo.

I work at Vortex, which I think is a part of the parcel above 299 there.

Say hi to Bert.

Back