Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I've lived in Davisville for a long time, and it's good to see this area growing up. Yonge & Eglinton is already one of the busiest intersections in the city, and soon will be the crossroads of two transit lines, so development at this corner is a no-brainer.

I really wish that the square at the NW corner could be preserved, but I feel that Rio-Can doesn't give a fig about creating a noteworthy civic-square.

I wish the northeast corner would be preserved. Most urban strip in the area.

Agree about the strip, but I think the corner needs a tower. Most residential developers are terrible at building retail space and there's no way they will be able to match the mix of stores in that strip on Yonge between Eglinton and Roehampton.

I did contact Josh Matlow to see how far north on Yonge Bazis has bought up, but I haven't heard back yet. Probably can't say anything until a formal application is submitted.

it'll have to be more than just TD and one or two others. We're probably looking at TD, the building adjecent to the east, and two units to the north.

I wonder how much they spent to buy all those buildings, they bought at least 4 buildings at the northeast corner of Yonge and Eglinton.

How easy will it be for them to actually go ahead and build this? They have to buyout all the tenants with current leases, and then get approval for it to actually be built. It could take years before this project gets on the ground.

From what I saw today, everything east up to 30 Eglinton as well the whole block on Yonge St could be part of this complex.

40 Eglinton could be added to this, but that is as far as you can go east.

25 Roehampton could be easy added to this complex with no problem. Throw in 35 Roehampton, you got one supper block.

I wonder how much they spent to buy all those buildings, they bought at least 4 buildings at the northeast corner of Yonge and Eglinton.

How easy will it be for them to actually go ahead and build this? They have to buyout all the tenants with current leases, and then get approval for it to actually be built. It could take years before this project gets on the ground.

lease buyouts might not have to happen at all depending on when the lease expires and terms/conditions since any chance of development is at least 5 years away, and probably longer before a shovel hits the ground.

Ownership appears pretty fractured - no two properties are owned by the same numbered company, but that doesn’t mean someone doesn’t own a variety of numbered companies.

Hard to tell what might be included, but this is one very "eligible" corner - absolutely ripe for redevelopment - just a great location!

YongeandEglintonNE1.jpg

YongeandEglintonNE2.jpg

Last edited:
From what I saw today, everything east up to 30 Eglinton as well the whole block on Yonge St could be part of this complex.

40 Eglinton could be added to this, but that is as far as you can go east.

25 Roehampton could be easy added to this complex with no problem. Throw in 35 Roehampton, you got one supper block.

That's incredible, that's a massive plot of land, how many buildings do you think they actually bought to be able to build a 57 story condo?

It seems like it's going to be an amazing development in a prime location.

Back