Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Just had my PDI today, and I can confirm. The noise was real. This is absolutely not livable and way over a tolerable level.
The representative said the residents have been complaining about it for months, and it actually gets even worse on windy days.

Last edited:
I know this is a ways out, but is there a separate thread (can't seem to find one) for the E2 building? If not, how do we get one started? I'm happy to see at least from the initial marketing brochures that the same metal panels aren't a part of the E2 tower (phew!)

I know this is a ways out, but is there a separate thread (can't seem to find one) for the E2 building? If not, how do we get one started? I'm happy to see at least from the initial marketing brochures that the same metal panels aren't a part of the E2 tower (phew!)
Just go up the to database link, and either scroll down to where E2 is alphabetically, or arrow the results by typing E2 into the "filter by name" field.

The first link on the left will take you to the database file, but there's also a link to the right to the Forum thread.

Picked up my keys today and went to give the unit a visit n the wind hovering sound people talk about is real!!! Omg it’s like going thru a construction tunnel non stop. I was there for 20 mins n couldn’t handle it. Complained to management but I doubt anything will change:( this is disgusting ... how is everyone coping with the noise? Pls help....?

Picked up my keys today and went to give the unit a visit n the wind hovering sound people talk about is real!!! Omg it’s like going thru a construction tunnel non stop. I was there for 20 mins n couldn’t handle it. Complained to management but I doubt anything will change:( this is disgusting ... how is everyone coping with the noise? Pls help....?
That's exactly what I thought when I first heard of the noise issue... ?

I am right and they are working on a solution involving dampeners. This isn't speculation (like what you're posting). It's fact. Let's revisit this in a month or two and see what unfolds.
It's been almost 2 months now. Could you please share some updates on their "solution involving dampeners"? The noise is so bad; it's keeping residents awake at night.
I'm desperately waiting for Bazis to fix the issue...

Last edited:
What could be done? Can something be put up against the balconies from the inside? Hard plastic boards to stop the flow of the wind through the balconies? I’m sure they have thought of that.

Aren’t these units/buildings inspected how did this pass? They can’t possibly think the sound is passable.

My question is when did the sound start? Did it get louder as each floor was installed with the balconies? The workers would know. Or did the sound get really loud when something else in the building got finished like the roof, vents, shafts? Without knowing the root cause it's hard to say they have a fix.

That's exactly what I thought when I first heard of the noise issue... ?

It's been almost 2 months now. Could you please share some updates on their "solution involving dampeners"? The noise is so bad; it's keeping residents awake at night.
I'm desperately waiting for Bazis to fix the issue...
I told you what the project manager told me during a tour. I don't really know much else beyond the fact that they were exploring a solution that would involve dampeners mounted onto the screens. This was in January and I'm not really sure what's happened since.

Aren’t these units/buildings inspected how did this pass? They can’t possibly think the sound is passable.

Building Code generally provides a list of minimum requirements (minimum light level, minimum water, minimum bathroom, structural support, electrical, etc.). There is no maximum for things like noise levels (that I know of; I've not gone over that level of detail in 15 years though).

If the purchaser did not amend their AP&S to specify a maximum background noise level then Bazis doing any fix is strictly out of interest of future sales in other buildings.

Back