Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

No, LED lighting has been shown to be hazardous to the eyes.
That's really not true...I did my thesis on safe lighting and LED's featured prominently as great alternatives to flickering fluorescents. In fact, an RGB set up of LED's can be used to re-create natural light (full spectrum), shown to have a positive effect on one's mental state and eye-fatigue.

So I've been living here for a few days in my 1BR unit. My unit is North facing. Wind sounds is def. there, but I think North facing is less bad than say, East.

Pros:
  • Bathtub is great. It's a full size and there's a ledge that runs all the way around.
  • Wallspace in the bathroom is good too.
  • There are tons of plug holes. 4 sockets in the kitchen along the counter.
  • Lots of counter storage. Some of it is a bit high, but that's fine.
  • Despite the "Cage" effect from the deck railings the units are still very bright. Walls are white of course.
  • Very quiet. Were it not for the nearby construction it would be noiseless
  • Concierge team is diligent.
  • Builder isn't strict on blind colours (as far as I know)
  • Full size mirror on the closet doors near the door.
  • "Media Box". My router just goes right inside.
  • The view is incredible. Day and Night. Rule the world.
Cons:
  • Wind of course. But it's not that bad, at least for this unit. No sleepless nights.
  • Closets are small. Nothing like those generous ones in the older apartment buildings.
  • The parking garage. I took a suburban down there last week. Bad idea. Got it scratched on the way out + 30 minutes of zig zagging at the pay booth. Also, don't pay for your parking ticket at the machine near the elevators (bottom floor) because you will still have to pay again on the way out. $10 min.

For those dealing with it on a recurring basis, I can see the parking payment issue leading to a revolt. I blame Doug Ford… so any protests should be held at Queens Park.

• The parking garage. I took a suburban down there last week. Bad idea. Got it scratched on the way out + 30 minutes of zig zagging at the pay booth. Also, don't pay for your parking ticket at the machine near the elevators (bottom floor) because you will still have to pay again on the way out. $10 min.
Every single person I met on P2 level complained about the parking garage and how they got their cars scratched while getting in and out. Currently there are only about 5-10 cars parked on P2 at nighttime. I imagine it will be a nightmare once the garage is full. It's simply not designed for two-way traffic.

That's really not true...I did my thesis on safe lighting and LED's featured prominently as great alternatives to flickering fluorescents. In fact, an RGB set up of LED's can be used to re-create natural light (full spectrum), shown to have a positive effect on one's mental state and eye-fatigue.

But LEDs have mercury in them.

Is this public parking? Why do you have to pay twice?

I am having trouble picturing why there is so much zigzagging. Got any pics?

Is this public parking? Why do you have to pay twice?
P1: public parking, P2/P3: residential parking
What he probably meant by "pay twice" = Do not validate the ticket in advance because you'll spend 10-30 minutes at the exit barricades = You will need to pay again.
I am having trouble picturing why there is so much zigzagging. Got any pics?
It's not zigzagging. It's more of driving back and forth 50 times trying to pass by the barricades without scratching your car.
You need to make a sharp 90 degree turn in an very tight space to exit the garage
And they installed 4 barricades where width of each driveway is extremely short. For my SUV, there are only about 10cm clearing space for left and right, and that's when I drive straight. If I'm to pass by that area while making a sharp 90 degree turn.. it's hard to avoid getting my car scratched.

^
That's sucks. I'm sorry.

On the bright side, did we know there's gonna be a Burger Priest here?

burger priest.jpg

Back