Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

One more thing I have noticed during the PDI on 2 units at E Condos so far.
It seems like they misplaced light switches and thermostats for quite some units, not just mine.

Light switch for a room is to be placed right next to the door.
Thermostats are not to be placed in direct sunlight as it can result in false readings.
It's common sense for most people...

However, for one of my units, they installed a light switch like 30cm away from the door, out of nowhere, for no reason. The other unit was fine.
Also, for the other unit, they installed the thermostat facing the windows. They installed it correctly for the first unit.

Well.. I didn't expect the top quality from Bazis, but these kind of things sure are annoying. Are they gonna fix them? I'm not sure.
Attaching a picture as an example.
econdos_2.jpg

I'm not following the numbering convention.

I thought e2 was such because it was the second condo (although not the second tower).
But why is e8 e8?

I walked past the building the other day and definitely heard the building singing (it was windy). As others have stated, it sounded like traffic, complete with lots of horns honking. While this would make a great exhibit for Nuit Blanche, I could not imagine living there (and listening to this for more than 5 minutes, let alone hours). They have a serious, and loud, problem on their hands.

I walked past the building the other day and definitely heard the building singing (it was windy). As others have stated, it sounded like traffic, complete with lots of horns honking. While this would make a great exhibit for Nuit Blanche, I could not imagine living there (and listening to this for more than 5 minutes, let alone hours). They have a serious, and loud, problem on their hands.
Interesting. I'm rarely up in this area but I'd like to hear it for myself. Odd that this would be an oversight. This is a critical aesthetic feature of the building, but seems to be a total design failure. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

We were told by aA regarding the design of the perforated metal balconies at Harbour Plaza that they had to test a number of hole sizes to eliminate or at least reduce the noise created by them. Their work there seems to have been mostly successful, but maybe not everyone's tested it so thoroughly. I wonder if the perforated metal screens will end up as a brief fad because of this issue, or if they'll all find optimal size holes in the future…

The size of the perforations is one thing, but the wobbling/deflection of the panels is likely a big part of the sound generation, and I'm not sure what can be done to mitigate that effect without thickening the panels up (to stiffen them) and adding a great additional cost.

This turned out quite well- much like the harbour plaza towers. Frankly it's just nice to see a residential tower not overwhelmed with glass balconies. I've been by here a few times and haven't heard any 'singing' but perhaps it wasn't windy enough to generate much noise. Hopefully they can fix that cacophony without compromising the appearance.

I commiserate with that misplaced light switch. It may seem trial to some but if you have every lived in tight quarters these little things can be truly annoying- not just aesthetically but it can limit what you might want to place against that wall- shelving for example. I'll definitely be sussing out such details when looking for a new place.

This turned out quite well- much like the harbour plaza towers. Frankly it's just nice to see a residential tower not overwhelmed with glass balconies. I've been by here a few times and haven't heard any 'singing' but perhaps it wasn't windy enough to generate much noise. Hopefully they can fix that cacophony without compromising the appearance.

I commiserate with that misplaced light switch. It may seem trial to some but if you have every lived in tight quarters these little things can be truly annoying- not just aesthetically but it can limit what you might want to place against that wall- shelving for example. I'll definitely be sussing out such details when looking for a new place.

The light switches would bother me. I think they should fix them but they probably won't.

I'm not following the numbering convention.

I thought e2 was such because it was the second condo (although not the second tower).
But why is e8 e8?
They named it e8 because of the address - 8 Eglinton Ave E

Okay, I'm getting confused. Why is e2 e2 then? And what is eCentral?

Back