Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Part of the reason why it stands out is because of the surrounding grey buildings.

This is true but if it was the typical black, glass box I don’t think the impact would be as great. You think this can be built in any major city and still look cool mixed in with other well designed buildings. The impact as you said is even more pronounced due to the blandness of the surrounding buildings. Love the black with the strip of red. And the balcony treatment really looks spectacular.

Yep, exactly. And this reminds me of a very similar example: the new Daniels school at U of T. An acquaintance of mine is an architect and she was confirming what I've read in a few papers, that though the reno is beautiful, it's completely unfunctional. The so-obvious-it-hurts irony is that this reno was for a department of architecture.
I've talked to a couple of people studying/working in that building and the universal consensus is that it sucks for classes and learning.

The irony is well discussed.

Parking levels are 99% empty most of the time, so probably not many people have yet noticed this problem, but beware. This is a very problematic parking lot.

All the parking barriers (P1 and P2) are built with extremely tight space. I'm not joking. While I was driving very carefully and slowly, my truck got scratched few times already. I've been to hundreds of underground parking lots in Toronto, but this is by far the most horrifying parking lot I've ever used. For P1 entrance, they installed 4 barriers (2 enter 2 exit) for a tight space where 2 cars can hardly hardly drive by, then you have to make sharp 90 degree turn to enter or exit. Anyone with any driving experience would know that you need more spaces to make sharp 90 degree turns...but with the current design, only one car car barely enter or exit at a time. This is a brand new condo with very little people moved in, and I can already see lots of scratches on the floor concrete from people damaging their cars.

I keep seeing other residents driving back and forth to carefully enter or exit the barriers, or ending up scratching their cars, screaming f words.
This isn't about saving money. It seems almost like they don't even have a brain to think straight.

Building a screaming condo with a metal screens which blocks entire balcony view from bottom to top,
now with an underground parking lot which is extremely hard to avoid damaging the cars.

I've made up my mind and going to sell my unit whenever the market gets any better. This is simply not a livable building.

I have my PDI next week. I guess I'll know what it's like. Hopefully it's a bit windy so I can get a full taste before moving in.

Has the whistling wind issue been resolved? If not I see an international acoustician competition as a world's first... if they can solve it. They are a smart bunch.
Imagine Bach or Bohemian Rhapsody or (occasional) metalhead (acoustic versions please) greeting the intersection. Sure it "sounds" dumb but they put a human on the moon right, or did they? A new public contribution from developers never conceived. (yes I'll take my meds now)

Good luck! I wish your unit is free of defects ;)

So the PDI went very well. There were no defects, just paint scuffing, or in one corner of the kitchen the floor board is not properly aligned with the wall. Max 3 people can be there with the PDI-guy, who was proactive in pointing things out.

The noise from the wind is definitely an issue. My unit is N. facing in the mid 40s floor. The guy says that they are adding those dampers from the top floor down, as it's easier to install them on units that are not yet occupied.

Parking levels are 99% empty most of the time, so probably not many people have yet noticed this problem, but beware. This is a very problematic parking lot.

All the parking barriers (P1 and P2) are built with extremely tight space. I'm not joking. While I was driving very carefully and slowly, my truck got scratched few times already. I've been to hundreds of underground parking lots in Toronto, but this is by far the most horrifying parking lot I've ever used. For P1 entrance, they installed 4 barriers (2 enter 2 exit) for a tight space where 2 cars can hardly hardly drive by, then you have to make sharp 90 degree turn to enter or exit. Anyone with any driving experience would know that you need more spaces to make sharp 90 degree turns...but with the current design, only one car car barely enter or exit at a time. This is a brand new condo with very little people moved in, and I can already see lots of scratches on the floor concrete from people damaging their cars.

I keep seeing other residents driving back and forth to carefully enter or exit the barriers, or ending up scratching their cars, screaming f words.
This isn't about saving money. It seems almost like they don't even have a brain to think straight.

Building a screaming condo with a metal screens which blocks entire balcony view from bottom to top,
now with an underground parking lot which is extremely hard to avoid damaging the cars.

I've made up my mind and going to sell my unit whenever the market gets any better. This is simply not a livable building.
I agree 100% this is not a practical parking space. I’ve never made a single scratch to my cars before, but already damaged rear fender and rim of my car ever since I moved into E Condos. It’s gonna cost hundreds of $$$ to fix them. Damages on the poles at the entrance and the exit show how many cars were already damaged because of this ridiculous garage design.

Back