Toronto Dundas Square Gardens | 156.05m | 50s | Gupta | IBI Group

I used to live in the area of Riverdale Park, would often have a few beers and a blunt or two by the benches behind the statue of the Asian doctor. Doing one will be legal soon, but so should the other.

I used to live in the area of Riverdale Park, would often have a few beers and a blunt or two by the benches behind the statue of the Asian doctor. Doing one will be legal soon, but so should the other.

Actually, as much as I support that being allowed, technically that won't be legal, as much as drinking in parks isn't legal. Perhaps they will treat it like they do in Bellwoods though, as long as people aren't being a nuisance, police will look the other way? (Drunks are much more problematic than stoned people too.)

Dr. Sun Yat-sen? I really hope that you do know he isn't just some "Asian doctor."

Actually, as much as I support that being allowed, technically that won't be legal, as much as drinking in parks isn't legal. Perhaps they will treat it like they do in Bellwoods though, as long as people aren't being a nuisance, police will look the other way? (Drunks are much more problematic than stoned people too.)

They allow it in Montreal, and there doesn’t seem to be any significant problems. Also, from what I’ve gathered Ontario will allow marijuana consumption wherever tobacco is allowed, just not near playgrounds and children.

Dr. Sun Yat-sen? I really hope that you do know he isn't just some "Asian doctor."

No, I actually don’t know much about him at all. Care to tell?

They allow it in Montreal, and there doesn’t seem to be any significant problems. Also, from what I’ve gathered Ontario will allow marijuana consumption wherever tobacco is allowed, just not near playgrounds and children.

Ah interesting, you may be right. I had heard differently from police on a radio interview, but the Ontario Gov states parks are allowed, as you said:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/cannabis-legalization#section-2

I wouldn't say Sir John A. There was no uprising. There was just plenty of beer shared between political leaders.

I didn't know of Sun Yat-sen until I saw the statue a few years ago. I doubt anyone in my family would know of him. I wouldn't infer ignorance either.

I wouldn't say Sir John A. There was no uprising. There was just plenty of beer shared between political leaders.

I didn't know of Sun Yat-sen until I saw the statue a few years ago. I doubt anyone in my family would know of him. I wouldn't infer ignorance either.

I hope I didn’t seem to imply ignorance. I just tried to answer the question re the identity of Sun Yat-Sen simply. The point of the analogy to Sir John A. was not the suggestion of a rebellion, as would apply with George Washington. It was more the business of being the founding father of the country, to use a dated term.

To go back to the question whether knowledge of the identity of Sun Yat-Sen is common, I would guess that the answer is definitely negative in Canada. Given the significance of China on the world scene, and the achievements of the individual, I find this troubling. I think I would tend to blame the history curriculum in our schools rather than individual posters, however.

But this is a long way from the proper subject of the thread. I think I ought to drop the matter here.

Back