Toronto Dundas Square Gardens | 156.05m | 50s | Gupta | IBI Group

dt_toronto_geek, I guess we are not meant to make sense of it - in the end it's all about money in the developers pocket.

What doesn't make sense? The developer doesn't own that site, they own this site. You can't just run around confiscating other people's property because you feel like it. This isn't SimCity.

What doesn't make sense? The developer doesn't own that site, they own this site. You can't just run around confiscating other people's property because you feel like it. This isn't SimCity.

Thanks for clarifying the fact that this isn't SimCity.

It was a general comment about development in the city. The comment I made did not pertain to the site in question. I was generalizing about the fact that often times we are not meant to make sense of the development that is around us and why certain homes are torn down for development and others stand. I am sure there is more to it than just ownership.

Just to clarify:

Even in sim city, you can only zone an area as high-density residential - you can't control where the building go

:cool:

This I know, I mentioned South of the site (ie: the Ho-Lee-Chow site). I understand the South/West is designated for Pace.

dt_toronto_geek, I guess we are not meant to make sense of it - in the end it's all about money in the developers pocket.

Despite the exterior being rather ugly (and the fact it doubles as an interior cafe), New Bilan restaurant is great! The food has always been fabulous, and they give you free orange or watermelon-flavoured beverage. The owner is also really friendly.

Looks like this is a preliminary massing study to show the allowed density and the current owner is looking to flip the property over to an interested developer.

Rendering from Urbanation.

460604943.jpg

Last edited:
19x coverage. Pretty aggressive, but who knows what can happen in Rob Ford's Toronto? I suppose as long as the developer promises to turn the place in to a shooting range / small arms manufacturer, the city might let them have 19x coverage.

19x coverage. Pretty aggressive, but who knows what can happen in Rob Ford's Toronto? I suppose as long as the developer promises to turn the place in to a shooting range / small arms manufacturer, the city might let them have 19x coverage.

Strange post , i guess you're trying to justify that 'come hell or high water'..... Rob Ford is more inclined to density than his former counterpart David Miller.:confused:

Back on topic (sorry for causing the derailment): I guess one typically sees developers seeking 19x coverage, but no one in their right mind would give such a prospective density any credibility, would they?

Back on topic (sorry for causing the derailment): I guess one typically sees developers seeking 19x coverage, but no one in their right mind would give such a prospective density any credibility, would they?

try asking the planner on the file for Karma that question (approved at 20.8x coverage).

Back