Toronto Dundas Square Gardens | 156.05m | 50s | Gupta | IBI Group

It's very steep competition, but I nominate the Dundas and Jarvis intersection as being the intersection with the ugliest ensemble of condos in Toronto.

It meets every criteria out there:
  • Soul sucking depressing colours
  • Horrid building designs
  • Jumbled alternating motifs
  • Bad podium design

Last edited:
It's very steep competition, but I nominate the Dundas and Church intersection as being the intersection with the ugliest ensemble of condos in Toronto.

It meets every criteria out there:
  • Soul sucking depressing colours
  • Horrid building designs
  • Jumbled alternating motifs
  • Bad podium design
Yes, and there's one more corner still to be filled-in.

Art part of the building, looks like s gonna wrap around at least halfway on the Dundas portion.

image.jpg

image.jpg

They always seem to keep the colour bits at the bottom. /bleh

Just walked by here the other day. What a mess. One of the ugliest condos I’ve ever seen. This will not age well; the off-white coloured podium already looks dirty. This area needs to be brightened up, it is begging for some nice architecture.

Just walked by here the other day. What a mess. One of the ugliest condos I’ve ever seen. This will not age well; the off-white coloured podium already looks dirty. This area needs to be brightened up, it is begging for some nice architecture.

I somewhat disagree, there are some elements of DSG that turned out decent, particularly the lower levels. By comparison, the street level of Grid is absolutely appalling. Tim Hortons could not look worse in that corner unit. The barf green/grey/brown the developer opted for, combined with a flush glass facade, is downright insulting to the neihbourhood. DSG has decent planting, some level of articulation, and the colour bands they added go a long way.

I hope the Ryerson building on the final corner adds some much needed colour and texture to this intersection.

Dundas Square Gardens view from Mutual st in 2015

20151017_154533-1.jpg

Advertisement of Dundas Square Gardens

CYMERA_20140317_151157.jpg

Dundas Square Gardens view from Dundas &Jarvis intersection in 2014

CYMERA_20140316_151230.jpg

Demolition Hotel before construction

IMG_0153.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Back