Toronto Dream Residences at Yorkdale | ?m | 9s | Dream Maker Developments | Kirkor Architects

To Dream's credit, there's a lot less precast than expected for a Kirkor design. That said, that's about the closest thing to a positive I can say about this dud.

Oh yes, here come the shots at Toronto and its troglodyte society. Of course knowing which cities this development wouldn't pass the lowest standards is of interest. I tend to agree the rendering is nothing special and the finished product will likely not live up to the rendering however, I've seen this sort of crap just about everywhere which makes sense as profiteering developers and architects are everywhere. The one thing that stands out is the amount of window wall used here.

At least it's not a 300 cookie cutter unit building, and as a purchaser I hope they will abide by the design as spec'd. ooohhhh yaaaa

I was by here in the last short while…

DSC02088.jpg
DSC02091.jpg
DSC02093.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02088.jpg
    DSC02088.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 1,016
  • DSC02091.jpg
    DSC02091.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 1,013
  • DSC02093.jpg
    DSC02093.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 992
There's a Secondary Plan study underway for Dufferin now that should help transform this street over the coming decades into something far more urban and less 1960s American Dream… (segue!) with Dream Residences and Treviso representing the first wave of change up here. Meanwhile, for those who are big fans of Yorkdale Mall, living this close to it could never be seen as a drawback!!

January 20 2016

Building's topped off, window wall going up to 3rd floor, too bad it is more grey on grey :(

While the grey is not attractive, I would love to see this type of massing all along the even more ugly Dufferin Street. I am probably one of the few who doesn't also mind the taller Lanterrra project at Lawrence and Dufferin. Around major corners like that some height is great, but along the avenues in general, I like this level of density...preferably with nicer quality construction however.

Yeah, it's not gonna win any design awards, but I'd rather see a few thousand of these lining our hideous suburban arterials than what's currently on them.

Who would want to live there? Is it convenience of being able to hop in your car and quickly drive elsewhere? Different strokes I guess. I rather be a hobbit and never leave my wonderful shire.

walking distance to canadas number one mall. walking distance to the subway. a short subway ride from downsview park. And good highway access. Much better amenities than many other places in Toronto.

It's too bad they can't rip down the bungalows to subdivide the lot into urban semis or duplexes. That would go a long way to adding family-friendly, urban density in the city. Ah, zoning rules.
i know this post is 3 years old but felt I needed to reply. Easy for you to say if you do not live in the area. Why should they subdivide the lot for semi's? Is there a hate on for detached? Or jealously I suppose. There are families living there now in these detached houses. Whats with all this building density? Guess thats what condos are for and there appear to be plenty of those coming to Dufferin

walking distance to canadas number one mall. walking distance to the subway. a short subway ride from downsview park. And good highway access. Much better amenities than many other places in Toronto.

Pretty much what I thought. The easy access to get out the neighbourhood. I'm the opposite. I find a neighbourhood I don't care about leaving.

Back