Toronto Downtown Data Centre | 38.5m | 4s | Equinix Inc | WZMH

Huh. They must have done well at the first one. Interesting to see that phase 2, while following the form of the first one, has a completely different—and also high quality—exterior treatment.

phase2_1204 copy.jpg

Attachments

• phase2_1204 copy.jpg
    phase2_1204 copy.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 610
wow, that looks phenomenal. Like braille or old punchcards. Can still remember when The Derby was the only new building for the area, now there's a series of proposals and attractive buildings. From top to bottom Parliament is shaping up to be quite the corridor.

Awesome! It's these fine-grained projects that will really change the city for the better, and I include DUKE and Casey House in this category too.

Wow that looks great!

Judging by how quickly they put up the first building, I don't think they'll be looking to turn the lot into a surface parking lot.

How do these buildings work? Are there tenants who have leases on servers? Do they pre-lease before building?

Given the success of phase 1, I have no doubt that they will deliver with Phase 2. Such an odd feeling in Toronto to have confidence in a project before it breaks ground!

Given the success of phase 1, I have no doubt that they will deliver with Phase 2. Such an odd feeling in Toronto to have confidence in a project before it breaks ground!
There are many other examples, Daniels Waterfront City of the Arts, 16 York etc etc RESIDENTIAL condos are more normally only built once x% are sold

So is the new building related to the original Equinix site? The "Parliament Street Data Centre" (or TR2) isn't owned by Urbacon Data Centre Solutions -- is this new building simply piggybacking on the connectivity close by, or is there an actual business relationship between them?

(I can never help reading Urbacon as "ur-bacon", as if it is the original bacon.)

Urbacon built the first one, so sure, it's related. Whether or not the second one is ultimately owned or managed by Equinix—or not—the second building is coming from the same team that built the first one.

I realize that Urbacon built the first one as well, but it seemed odd to me that they would build the first centre for someone else, then build their own data centre right next door.

Back