Toronto Queen & Ashbridge | 60.15m | 17s | Context Development | Teeple Architects

Not sure, but Context was also chosen to manage the TCHC component of the Lawrence Heights redevelopment and the design consortium for that project was Tact Design / KPMB Architects / IBI Group / MBTW. They actually hosted a tour of that development for tenants of Don Summerville last year. If someone claimed that TACT was involved, I'd believe it based on the renderings, but aside from that, I'm not sure if this is relevant.

Last edited:
1555 QUEEN ST E
Ward 14 - Tor & E.York District

Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment Application to facilitate the development of a 10-storey residential building (TCHC) and a 17-storey mixed-use building. A total of 771 residential units are proposed, of which, 220 are designated Affordable Housing units. 1578 square metres of non-residential floor area is proposed.
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA & Rezoning​
19 255597 STE 14 OZ​
Nov 29, 2019​
Under Review​

Site Plan via Twitter (@Diane_Dyson)

1575222699984.png

Commentary from city councillor Paula Fletcher on this redevelopment:

Likely to step into fresh follies further down the road... but modern ones!

Seems to me that planning is never terribly easy, and the road to hell is paved with good intentions. But still, onward, forward! Those two apartment blocks will not be missed.

Back