Oakville Distrikt Station | 184.8m | 58s | Distrikt Development | BDP Quadrangle

SaugeenJunction

Member Bio
Reaction score
I came across a project called “Distrikt Station” which will be coming in 2022. It will be located at 217 Cross Ave and 571 Argus Road (to the east of the stalled 177 Cross Ave project). The address can be found by clicking the map on the website. It will be across from the Oakville GO station. Developments in Oakville’s future Midtown Core have had trouble actually being built, so hopefully this project bucks the trend. Can‘t wait to see renderings.

CD4CCA5A-59C3-486A-83D1-FC4183C596A3.jpeg

(photo from Distrikt Developments)

Last edited:
That podium is a window wall and balcony monstrosity! Absolutely hideous!

The towers are not bad.

Seems like the Oakville GO area would be an excellent location of an office core. It has great highway and transit service (a stop on the Lakeshore express service). Almost a shame to fill it up with just condos.
Luckily there are still many plots of “land” (parking lots and single storey retail and fast food) in this area which can be developed into offices.

Last edited:
Will someone finally actually build something in Midtown Oakville? The area is by far the most underperforming urban growth area.
There has been no shortage of proposals over the past decade. But sadly the idea to reality part has faltered. I feel like if we can get one proposal built, it may be easier to get the rest rolling.

Distrikt has done a bunch of other developments in Oakville, so I hope they’re successful with this one. I feel like 50 storeys is going to be a play to actually get something like 40 in the end.

Edit: Another Distrikt proposal has popped up north-west of this site. Looks like they have big plans for Midtown Oakville.

Last edited:

Back