M

mark simpson

built011.jpg

built009.jpg

built001-1.jpg

built002.jpg

built003.jpg

built010.jpg

I checked this one out on the weekend after going to my parents house for dinner. I'm really liking it. A good one for NYCC. Same developer as M5V I think so this bodes well.

I like the building itself, but in those pictures it looks really out of place. Is there anything else going up nearby?

Love the staggered balconies!

One could make a pretty daring escape from this building.

Excellent design - definately too sophisticated for NYCC... the building has a very European look to it.

Yes, I loved the last photo of the balconies -- this would definitely make a good action scene in a movie..

but in those pictures it looks really out of place. Is there anything else going up nearby?

nothing currently that I could see but eventually considering it is a short block from Yonge in the heart of NYCC

Nice one- I really like those balconies. We need more of these downtown.

Another fortunate example of where reality blows the rendering away.

Thanks mark simpson.

Pretty impressive execution of a good design. I wonder if they used terracotta panels for the project? It certainly didn't look like brick from the photos.

AoD

Certainly much better than the nonsense going up at Liberty Village.

nothing currently that I could see but eventually considering it is a short block from Yonge in the heart of NYCC

The lot from where the last two pictures are taken, which is currently occupied by a church, is going to become a condo and a new church. I also saw some land clearance to the south of this lot that might be something.

I wonder if they used terracotta panels for the project?

its not concrete or brick - could be terra cotta or some composite material made to look like terra cotta

Back