Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

I would've preferred a McDee's or McCafe over the Timmies, but having a cheap coffee option is fine by me. I know it's all subjective/personal bias, but I'm just glad there's no Subway there. I still feel the area is missing an affordable Chinese/Vietnamese food option.

One pic from above and one from a little less high, both from Dec 3:

IMG_20191203_095732-01.jpeg

IMG_20191203_221440.jpg

I actually kinda like the office building portion... the 2 towers as could be predicted from the renders have turned out to be utterly regrettable.
I think we're all guilty of piling on this banality. It's time to move on and soon this project will assume it's rightful role of infill as taller towers take over. Let's hope a future skyline in this area ups the interest.

I think we're all guilty of piling on this banality. It's time to move on and soon this project will assume it's rightful role of infill as taller towers take over. Let's hope a future skyline in this area ups the interest.

Nah, the guilt is from the party putting this up - banal meant forgettable; this isn't simply by the way of bulk and that seizure-inducing balcony "art".

AoD

The main thing is housing, affordable and in a good area. If it is banal so be it, functionality is banal. There will be homeowners (taxpayers and of course the omnipotent investors) living on land that previously housed a nightclub that rocked only on the weekend. Daniels gets a lot of stick for boring design but at the end of the day they are residential developers and the housing takes precedent. I don't like it, too dense, but I understand the drive behind it and look forward to see how it changes the east lakefront.

The main thing is housing, affordable and in a good area. If it is banal so be it, functionality is banal. There will be homeowners (taxpayers and of course the omnipotent investors) living on land that previously housed a nightclub that rocked only on the weekend. Daniels gets a lot of stick for boring design but at the end of the day they are residential developers and the housing takes precedent. I don't like it, too dense, but I understand the drive behind it and look forward to see how it changes the east lakefront.
I appreciate most of what you've said, but Daniels has put up some rather good looking towers in Regent Park, so the question remains why they couldn't have done it here too.

Back