Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

I find it amusing that this conversation (Redpath leaving - or not) is consistenly brought up every now and then. :D

The sugar refinery is fine but doesn’t it block pedestrians from walking along the water. When I was there and wanted to head back to the city I had to walk along the lakeshore boul and not the water. It was a mess. Went through parking lots, industrial area until I was back at the harborfront center. Will that change? It was not pleasant. There was no continuity.

I'm fine with the refinery staying as is. It's quite the treat to sit down with some pops/beer/buds in the summer watching a massive ship coming from another part of the world to bring in its payload.

You won't see that anywhere else downtown, and after the eastern projects get completed you can walk all the way East and West with that and Westin being in the way.

That being said I want the Westin Castle 86d so we can have that piece of waterfront property and a better ferry terminal than what's currently there. That building adds no value or positive experience.

Being part of Toronto's history, maybe Redpath should copy the playbook from Guinness to run a full scale tourist tour biz.

The sugar refinery is fine but doesn’t it block pedestrians from walking along the water. When I was there and wanted to head back to the city I had to walk along the lakeshore boul and not the water. It was a mess. Went through parking lots, industrial area until I was back at the harborfront center. Will that change? It was not pleasant. There was no continuity.

Have you actually been to the waterfront east of Yonge? I don't even think there are sidewalks along Lake Shore. But Queen's Quay on the other hand has sidewalks on both sides of the street and has been like that for a long time. Certainly wasn't a beautiful street, and along Redpath's property it was a $hitty walking experience, but there was no need to go wandering through parking lots and making excessive detours. Besides, prior to Corus/George Brown/Sugar Beach, I don't think anyone could walk along the water because it was all private property.

Though the sidewalk could be wider, the current situation along Redpath is much, much better than it was, and it has been that way for several years now.

In praise of Sugar Beach(es)...

But first...fin effects:

Daniels_1.jpg

The Yard framing...

Daniels_2.jpg

Hopeful that these junior maples will grow into their 'South Beach' cousins in years to come.

Daniels_3.jpg

Daniels_4.jpg

Facing westwards...

Daniels_5.jpg

Daniels_6.jpg

Eastwards-facing...(even the graceful trunks and branching are near perfection).

Daniels_7.jpg

Daniels_8.jpg

Ok, sure it's staged, but this little guy begged for a photo shoot.

Daniels_9.jpg

Attachments

• Daniels_1.jpg
    Daniels_1.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 708
  • Daniels_2.jpg
    Daniels_2.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 717
  • Daniels_3.jpg
    Daniels_3.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 748
  • Daniels_4.jpg
    Daniels_4.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 727
  • Daniels_5.jpg
    Daniels_5.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 712
  • Daniels_6.jpg
    Daniels_6.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 679
  • Daniels_7.jpg
    Daniels_7.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 701
  • Daniels_8.jpg
    Daniels_8.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 708
  • Daniels_9.jpg
    Daniels_9.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 762
Have you actually been to the waterfront east of Yonge? I don't even think there are sidewalks along Lake Shore. But Queen's Quay on the other hand has sidewalks on both sides of the street and has been like that for a long time. Certainly wasn't a beautiful street, and along Redpath's property it was a $hitty walking experience, but there was no need to go wandering through parking lots and making excessive detours. Besides, prior to Corus/George Brown/Sugar Beach, I don't think anyone could walk along the water because it was all private property.

Though the sidewalk could be wider, the current situation along Redpath is much, much better than it was, and it has been that way for several years now.

I wanted to head from sugar beach back to the city by bike along the water. How was I supposed to do that ?

Back