Toronto

Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

TheKingEast

Member Bio
Reaction score
This could have been saved if they used cleaner cladding. The bulky grey mullions don't work well with the fritted glass balconies. Also, don't even like the pattern of the fritted glass. Could have just made the entire balcony glass fritted and it would have looked better. Developers relying heavily on balconies to add some "flair" to an otherwise boring, lifeless, glass box design.

Ottawan

Member Bio
Reaction score
I really have no qualms with the commercial portion of the development, which actually seems pretty solid. But I agree with all the comments about the appalling nature of the rest towers. I have no hope that the tacky frit pattern will improve things in any way.

Ryan_T

Member Bio
Reaction score
On the brighter side, looking forward to the other towers between Jarvis and Yonge. That'll be fun to watch rise.

And the ground level is quite nice. Ties in nicely with Sugar Beach. Should be a nice area to walk as an extension of St. Lawrence.

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
On the brighter side, looking forward to the other towers between Jarvis and Yonge. That'll be fun to watch rise.

And the ground level is quite nice. Ties in nicely with Sugar Beach. Should be a nice area to walk as an extension of St. Lawrence.
As long as one does not look up it's fine when you walk past but the view from St Lawrence is of the two VERY boring towers which could be anywhere' and a real lost opportunity.

cd concept

Member Bio
Reaction score
Look at the difference of what they built in the 80s- 90s by looking at that one building in the photo above. Compared to what they've just built these last few years. That one building pops up more than all the other buildings combined in the photo. By just using the marble look with deep dark glass windows very rich looking.