Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

Last night.
The slow reveal.
I’m hopeful it looks good since I look at this everyday.
39DBD047-E79E-4FB0-BE78-1ECF9E705114.jpeg

A picture of first row of the balcony glass that will eventually form the moire pattern on these two sides of the building.

Hopefully this will hide some of the visual clutter of all those mullions.

To me all this is doing is adding new visual clutter over the pervious visual clutter.

^Add Sugar Wharf to the mix and this area will a complete visually cluttered mess.

Something for all Torontonians and tourists alike to enjoy!

except the 1% of us no one cares about the quality of a building. they only care if it's different or visually appealing.

*Sugar Wharf Condominiums* not Sugar Wharf itself, to be more specific.

Yes, I understood. The general critique is that they are too "boring". What about that project is visually cluttered to your eyes?

I see a podium of vertical fins, towers with a horizontal motif, and that's about it. Not visually cluttered, especially compared to Daniels Waterfront. The buildings in the foreground haven't gone in for SPA so we don't know what those are going to look like. Based on aA's track record, probably something equally subtle/simple.

^Just wait until the actual structure and cladding being to appear on that project then you'll see it. Daniels Waterfront didnt look that cluttered in the renderings, but just look at what's going on right now (it's early but we're seeing some effects).

^Just wait until the actual structure and cladding being to appear on that project then you'll see it. Daniels Waterfront didnt look that cluttered in the renderings, but just look at what's going on right now (it's early but we're seeing some effects).

I'm not going to derail this thread any longer but I would encourage you to look at aA's track record, particularly with regards to cladding and detailing. It's one of the best in the city and certainly the best for condos (along with perhaps HPA).

Back