Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

Kotsy - I didn't realize you were on UT too!

(I'm CMR from TA)

Small world, eh? Looks like you got me beat by 1 post, lol!I joined a couple years ago but have only been reading heavily for the last few months. I'm kind of a transit junkie and can't stop checking for updates on some of the high rises high rises on here. I usually only post photos because of my proximity to Aura and Ryerson Student Centre but your post sparked a lot of Guv memories and I couldn't resist sharing :D

Last edited:
To further clarify: the renderings in fact do not represent the current plan for the site, but an early one which has since been altered considerably. The submission to the City will be quite different.

65 stories with the classic Toronto design-watering-down?

I'm not yet privy to how the exterior has changed/how it will compare style-wise to the early concept plan seen in this thread. I generally like the work of both RAW and Giannone Petricone, so I think it's reasonable to expect we will get something good.

I do know they have been playing around with the massing, I believe at the behest of the City, but I don't know what the floor counts will be in the application. We just have to wait until they've got that finalized I suppose! I think that's only a few weeks away now.

^ you are right we cant say anything right now, we can only wait and watch, we don't know what will be the number of buildings and number of floors but it will be great if the taller tower will be 210m or plus.

Having no other tall structures in the area, this will stick out like a sore thumb. I'm hoping Monde will be competed around the same time.

I'm definitely glad to see more development on the waterfront. It was an area ignored for a long time.

The Guvernment announced on their Facebook page today, the official closing date, January 31, 2015.

Small world, eh? Looks like you got me beat by 1 post, lol!I joined a couple years ago but have only been reading heavily for the last few months. I'm kind of a transit junkie and can't stop checking for updates on some of the high rises high rises on here. I usually only post photos because of my proximity to Aura and Ryerson Student Centre but your post sparked a lot of Guv memories and I couldn't resist sharing :D

small world indeed ;)

On one hand, I'm sad to see it go, but also understand that it couldn't stay in the area when everything around it is booming.

it'll be exciting to see what the final designs will be.

Honestly this is great news ..

I wouldn't be suprised if Monde sales weren't so great due to this ... I wouldn't want to live beside it, and its not as if Monde was targeting the small rental / investors market (long term maybe..)

I wouldn't be suprised if Monde sales weren't so great due to this ... ..)

Pretty sad if that's the case:eek:

Guvernment Nightclub to enter deadpool after 17 years....
Guess soon some jerks (maybe you!) will be able to say they live in The Guvernment/RPM with varying degrees of irony depending on their chosen lifestyle brand. Toronto will soon be lacking another mid-sized venue, and though this change was inevitable, both clubs will be missed by Toronto music lovers.
More.....http://www.blogto.com/deadpool/2014/05/guvernment_nightclub_to_enter_deadpool_after_17_years/

Last edited:

I wouldn't be suprised if Monde sales weren't so great due to this ... I wouldn't want to live beside it, and its not as if Monde was targeting the small rental / investors market (long term maybe..)

It was so much that as it was that Monde didn't sell well due to high prices ($700+ PSF whereas River City, also in a revitalized area was $500 PSF) and launching at a time when it was thought the pre con market was slowing down which didn't help matters either.

It was so much that as it was that Monde didn't sell well due to high prices ($700+ PSF whereas River City, also in a revitalized area was $500 PSF) and launching at a time when it was thought the pre con market was slowing down which didn't help matters either.

Agreed that is a big factor; But lets not forget, this club isn't exactly known for being the most, hmm, friendly place, their are stabbing and shootings that take place here. Moreover, all the drunks the stubble out and trash the parks in the area.

Agreed that is a big factor; But lets not forget, this club isn't exactly known for being the most, hmm, friendly place, their are stabbing and shootings that take place here. Moreover, all the drunks the stubble out and trash the parks in the area.

There are stabbings and shootings all over the city...Shopping malls, Schools, on the streets, Office buildings, homes...

Lets not generalize too much, shall we?

Back