Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

Another big one! Toronto is just on fire!

12034%20Waterfront%20View.jpg

12034%20Aerial.jpg

12034%20Courtyard.jpg

Daniels Waterfront project is situated on a prominent site on Toronto’s waterfront. The mix of uses proposed will create a truly diverse neighbourhood with employment and resident populations approximately equal.
Part of the site is given over to the extension of the successful Sugar Beach Park across Queens Quay. The development has been designed to meet the challenges of significant environmental constraints to create a unique structure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not terribly interested in their booking style anymore, but the Guvernment is still a venerable Toronto institution nonetheless. It's served generations of party-goers over the past couple decades and has been a world-renowned venue for DJs and clubbers alike (it currently sits at #22 on DJmag's top hundred clubs). Its influence on music & culture in Toronto is right up there with the city's other storied establishments of the past half-century like Industry, Twilight Zone, El Mocambo, Lee's Palace, Domino, RPM, Boots, Diamond Club, and so on.

It'll go, perhaps for the best - its glory days have passed and that structure at that site is no longer an appropriate use of the land in today's Toronto - but don't disregard or downplay its legacy as being nothing more than "just a club".

Couldn't agree with you more here. I was a Guv fanatic from 2007-2010/11 but moved on when their dj bookings changed to more main stream cheese (Hardwell, Steve Aoki etc) from respected underground djs (Richie Hawtin, Steve Lawler). The only time I've been to Guv in the last few years is when I or one of my friends played in one of the smaller rooms like acid lounge or the gallery. Thankfully, there are other, smaller clubs that have been on fire with bookings lately that are making Toronto's underground scene the healthiest it's been in a many years. Coda and Ryze and Toika are all fantastic and perfect for anyone that used to Guv back in the day. I won't miss Guv, but it's still a little sad to see it go. I'll never forget the all access 7 room long weekend parties they used to have. The sunrise sets on the roof (Sky Bar) and crazy laser show in the main room were one of a kind for sure. And as far as I know, it's still the largest night club in North America.

Oops, this isn't the Trance Addict forums is it?

Carry on everyone.. :cool:

Well that's exciting news to hear that Sugar Beach is being extended north into this site with the granite pavers/maple leafs, and everything. Plus, RAW Design is always a good choice.

it was in the Aqualina renders as well, apparently developers are quite hopeful of it being built. with any luck it comes out of the fall election.

Its amazing what can be found digging into these sites. Its an exciting area, hopefully Monde advances.

The shorter condo towers appear to be blue glass, but the office tower seems to be a dark grey with the 65 floor tower having black mullions and a white surrounding architectural feature.

The renderings are far too early in the process for the exteriors to be considered finalized.

To further clarify: the renderings in fact do not represent the current plan for the site, but an early one which has since been altered considerably. The submission to the City will be quite different.

Couldn't agree with you more here. I was a Guv fanatic from 2007-2010/11 but moved on when their dj bookings changed to more main stream cheese (Hardwell, Steve Aoki etc) from respected underground djs (Richie Hawtin, Steve Lawler). The only time I've been to Guv in the last few years is when I or one of my friends played in one of the smaller rooms like acid lounge or the gallery. Thankfully, there are other, smaller clubs that have been on fire with bookings lately that are making Toronto's underground scene the healthiest it's been in a many years. Coda and Ryze and Toika are all fantastic and perfect for anyone that used to Guv back in the day. I won't miss Guv, but it's still a little sad to see it go. I'll never forget the all access 7 room long weekend parties they used to have. The sunrise sets on the roof (Sky Bar) and crazy laser show in the main room were one of a kind for sure. And as far as I know, it's still the largest night club in North America.

Oops, this isn't the Trance Addict forums is it?

Carry on everyone.. :cool:

Kotsy - I didn't realize you were on UT too!

(I'm CMR from TA)

Back