Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

Daniels1.jpg

...sitting area is pretty cool.

Daniels2.jpg

Daniels5.jpg
Daniels6.jpg

Daniels7.jpg

Daniels8.jpg

Attachments

• Daniels3.jpg
    Daniels3.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 307
  • Daniels4.jpg
    Daniels4.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
I feel like I need to go take a good look at this project in person to see if it changes the feel.
Right now, the undulations + fins have a really odd look in pictures.

I feel like I need to go take a good look at this project in person to see if it changes the feel.
Right now, the undulations + fins have a really odd look in pictures.
The fins look pretty ridiculous on the undulated sections, especially viewed from a sharp angle. The problem is not with the use of the fins or undulations themselves per se, the problem is that the fins are always bolted perpendicular to all surfaces. This just creates a weird broken look rather than what I think was the original idea behind all this. What they should have done was keep the fins always parallel to each other and let the surface undulate under them as much as you want. That would have given the facade the look they were going for. That would have actually highlighted the undulations rather than break up the flow. Here is the back of the napkin diagram of what I mean:
1543026243041.png

Walked past this on the weekend and see a ramp going up from corner of Lower Jarvis/.Lake Shore. Looks too narrow (and too close to corner) for a garage entrance but ....

Back