Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

I can sympathize with the complaints about littering in the area, but just because you don't like or identify with a particular music scene doesn't mean it's "garbage". We should encourage a variety of venues of this sort, or as noted we will become quite boring.

I've been there a handful of times to see bands I like, I was talking more about how the door people literally grope you to get inside (I heard rumours they even check girls bras), and then someone always gets shot in their parking lot and their building is ugly and the beer selection is crap and expensive and they sell bottled water for $4.

Garbage like that.

Club scenes and venues change over time, as well as night life preferences. I just turned 23 and have absolutely no desire to spend my birthday at such clubs. Also, the rumoured sale of this place has been circulating for years now. The Guv's location holds a critical point for the evolution of QQE and the East Bayfront. In the meantime, there's no love lost for d-bag central.

Honeydale mall! Actually, I think that massive industrial area in Etobicoke between Dundas and the Queensway, and Islington to the 427 might be a prime location...

There's also an abandoned cinema complex beneath the Hudson's Bay Centre. . . .

report over at SSP that the developer is indeed Daniels, and that they have something tall planned here.....i.e. 65 storeys....

My understanding was that midrises were planned by Daniels for Queen's Quay with Giannone Petricone doing taller highrises at the north end / back of the site.

Well I meant as Guverment, but point taken.

On SSP the same guy who posts here on another name is saying it could be 3 towers, one of which would be rez for GB college

It was RPM when I first went there in 87, and it wasn't brand new then. Though they changed the decor fairly frequently (underwater, vietnam war, space, you name it).

Supposed to be 3 towers, a GBC residence, Daniels HQ, ad the rumoured 65 floor tower.

Isn't Giannone Petricone an architect?

I will confirm that it is Daniels, and that Giannone Petricone are 1 of 2 architects on the site. The second architect is…

(seeking the okay to post that).

Who started the rumor that Daniels may move their HQ here ? Any truth to that ? I think they currently have offices in downtown Toronto and Mississauga.

Back