Toronto Cypress at Pinnacle Etobicoke | 83.8m | 25s | Pinnacle | Turner Fleischer

It's been 13 months, 3 weeks since I've been this far west on Dundas, and in that time, what with this and two more buildings rising at The Kip District next door, this stretch has taken on quite a different feel, now that it has some of the density and reinvestment that this street has been crying out for.

In this pic, Cypress at Pinnacle Etobicoke is in the background with the cluster of Kip District buildings finally making this area feel… like a district.
IMG_3868.jpg

Good to see that the commercial podium has slender mullions and full height windows. It's also good that there is at least some precast breaking the sidewalk frontage into bays… but a little more masonry would have been welcome on more of the building. At least the tower above has some of that, but it and the residential podium floors are standard window wall with waist-height mullions… so, cheap. Glad to see a visor atop the tower: at least there's some money being spent on design up top.
IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg
IMG_3877.jpg
IMG_3878.jpg
IMG_3879.jpg

One design nod atop the commercial podium: on its west side, the rectangular residential floors above overhang the trapezoidal commercial floors, and despite the cheapness of the residential cladding, I like that it slices through. The effect won't be complete, of course, until a few more spandrel panels are applied. Again, at least it's something indicating thought put into the design.
IMG_3880.jpg

Found some details on the retail leasing here. Not the worst mix for the suburban location, could always be better though.

There's a decent amount of the usual suspects, all in the health fields flanking Dundas which is weird being it's prime signage location, but the side road sees a breakfast restaurant, convenience store and most curiously a bubble tea chain, I have a feeling they want to bank off of also serving a large sum of to go coffee when McDonalds is built over (since Stacked isn't really a cafe). It's interesting that recently a lot of the bubble tea chains are eyeing west end locations like in Long Branch.

(Source)
1635143140515.png

Almost a year since I posted in this thread
June 19th
DJI_0945.JPG

Bring on the next phase!!!

Back