Toronto Curio by Hilton Distillery District | 115.1m | 31s | Gupta | Arcadis

60 MILL STREET

Easton’s Group of Hotels and The Gupta Group are proud to be bringing the very first 4.5-star hotel experience to Toronto’s Distillery District. Located at 60 Mill St., at the corner of Mill Street and Trinity Street will rise a 31-story, 392 room, IBI Group-designed hotel featuring enriching amenities such as a below-ground speak-easy, meeting space and ballroom, spa, gym, a 31st-floor restaurant, and a roof-top bar and lounge complete with an outdoor patio and pool. The base structure of the hotel will feature a redevelopment and restoration of the historic Rack House D, which has yet to be integrated into the Distillery neighbourhood. The redevelopment of the site includes restoring and revitalizing the heritage building, specifically preserving the south façade to ensure that it fits seamlessly with the rest of the Distillery District.

View-from-Distillery-elevated_V5-1152x2048.jpg

60 MILL STREET

Easton’s Group of Hotels and The Gupta Group are proud to be bringing the very first 4.5-star hotel experience to Toronto’s Distillery District. Located at 60 Mill St., at the corner of Mill Street and Trinity Street will rise a 31-story, 392 room, IBI Group-designed hotel featuring enriching amenities such as a below-ground speak-easy, meeting space and ballroom, spa, gym, a 31st-floor restaurant, and a roof-top bar and lounge complete with an outdoor patio and pool. The base structure of the hotel will feature a redevelopment and restoration of the historic Rack House D, which has yet to be integrated into the Distillery neighbourhood. The redevelopment of the site includes restoring and revitalizing the heritage building, specifically preserving the south façade to ensure that it fits seamlessly with the rest of the Distillery District.

View attachment 442035

What in the world is 4.5 Star? And first in the Distillery District isn’t that impressive considering there aren’t many hotels there to begin with.

Oof! I guess they still haven't removed the tower portion yet. >.<

Last edited:

60 MILL STREET

View attachment 442035
That page has a 2020 copyright date on it. It's a rendering we don't have in the database file yet, but is there any other evidence that this may have been a new announcement?

In any case, your own post from January of this year has more detail (other than a rendering) and is more up-to-date re: this being a Curio by Hilton hotel.

@daptive: not sure this answers the 4.5 star question, but see the post linked above for more details.

In any case, the database file has been updated with a bunch of new renderings and renamed.

Last edited:

Its affiliated Easton’s Group of Hotels will start construction this year on Canada’s first Curio by Hilton in the last remaining heritage building to be repurposed in Toronto’s The Distillery Historic District.

The 31-storey, 288,000-square-foot, 392-guest-room hotel at 60 Mill St. will preserve the 133-year-old building’s exteriors as the base three floors.

Ugh. Just build the thing already. Also, it’s not exactly the last distillery heritage property is it?
There's one more directly across the street to the west which has been sitting abandoned forever...

I'd really prefer this building elevated beyond a hotel lobby or other commercial use. It's a shame the old rack house can't be turned into some sort of interpretative centre and museum combo, outlining spirits production and other general history of the area. I think of some of the really cool distillery & brewery museum destinations- Guinness, Steigl, Heineken, Irish Whiskey Museum, Suntory, etc; Toronto is sorely lacking in these sorts of attractions (don't get me started on a proper Toronto museum).

I know there are elements of the site's history on display throughout the district, but this seems like the perfect opportunity to bring it all together as a sort of central attraction. Recreation of a working barrel house, interpretative and interactive displays, old equipment and artifacts, and so on and so forth.

Anyway, just a tangent if anything; turning it into the base of a highrise is more commercially lucrative I'm sure, so that's likely what we'll get.

Last edited:
Maybe the other one could be that museum and get a couple stories of glass box above it for some artscape community studio space. I swear though, I keep looking at the loading dock on the west side and thinking- man, THAT’S where they should have a patio for a diner. A hotel is much needed, but some sort of semi public indoor space would be good. Montreal would be able to do both.

Maybe the other one could be that museum and get a couple stories of glass box above it for some artscape community studio space. I swear though, I keep looking at the loading dock on the west side and thinking- man, THAT’S where they should have a patio for a diner. A hotel is much needed, but some sort of semi public indoor space would be good. Montreal would be able to do both.
I agree that the loading dock could make a great indoor/outdoor dining space and if anything I'd actually prefer to see the building on the NW corner redeveloped for commercial uses/hotel.

Not to offer non-news, but just noticing @AlbertC 's post where the suggestion is a construction start this year.

There are zero permits in process right now; I would describe a 2023 start as precarious if that doesn't change forthwith.

Back