Toronto Cumberland Square | 253.92m | 75s | KingSett Capital | Giannone Petricone

The design reminds me of the regency. The actual tower is very similar, but I have to say it's not what I would do with the property if I had my way.

I think one of Turner's more modern building would be the Circa project as they use a mix of glass and brick instead of pure precast like the current proposals and on the regency. Maybe the actual outcome would look better than the render

The never built Sapphire is also a Turner Fleischer.

SapphireCity9_ls.jpg

The never built Sapphire is also a Turner Fleischer.

SapphireCity9_ls.jpg

Not that it matters, but as I posted years ago... TF has stayed in business with one client... I met John ... he's a nice guy and was much amused by Harry's wank.

The architect for this project was John Chow of Turner, Fleischer Architects. "Their firm has been involved in all the Home Depot stores we have built," says Rossetto. "They are experts in designing and planning Home Depot facilities.

There's a new notice posted outside of the Cumberland entrance on Yonge for 2 residential towers and retail at grade. Sorry didn't have a chance to note any other details. It's about time!

Nice!! Can't wait for more info on this!
The City website must have the documents somewhere, but I can never find stuff on it.

It must be for replacing the shopping mall... mustn't it? My dream is to drive a bulldozer into the side of Cumberland Terrace.

It's posted right next to the entrance of Cumberland Terrace - so I'm assuming it must be for this location. I'll try to grab a pic of the sign when I pass by later this afternoon.

Edit: Here's a quick pass-by pic

It must be for replacing the shopping mall... mustn't it? My dream is to drive a bulldozer into the side of Cumberland Terrace.

I-42 is correct, the subject application is to demolish the Cumberland Terrace mall and replace it with above grade parking levels (and only 1 level underground parking because of subway tracks below) with residential villas above and a residential tower, last I heard it was about 25 storeys maybe someone has an update??

Quick update from Planning staff:

Architect is Bregman + Hamann, application submitted 2 weeks ago for proposed redevelopment of Cumberland Terrace by demolishing everything fronting on south side of Cumberland (address of 2 Bloor West is used because the one property includes CIBC tower, but will not be affected by this development), to be replace with 4 levels of retail (concourse, ground, floor 2+3), 2 levels parking (floor 4+5), 3 storey residential villas on top at Bay & Cumberland, a 45 storeys (151 metres) residential tower located midblock between Bay & Yonge, and a 20 storey (64.9 metres) residential tower located at Yonge & Cumberland

No preliminary staff report yet, likely will come forward in September 2008, followed by community consultation meeting.

Thanks Solaris. It sounds very promising - esp. nice to see how the juggled the various uses.

Interesting to see that they chose a mid-block placement for one of the towers - for maximizing the view, perhaps?

AoD

Any idea who the developer is?

I wonder if the villas will come complete with peristyles, vomitoria, etc.?

Back