Toronto Cumberland Square | 253.92m | 75s | KingSett Capital | Giannone Petricone

Wish someone would explain their complaints with some specifics. If you want to throw cold water on a party, tell us why we have to go home. ;-)

These renders are not very informative... could be great, could be stinkers. I'll wait a bit.

What I'm noticing here is the proposed Cumberland Street ROW.

Partially pedestrianized (bollards across road); done entirely in interlocking pavers, narrowed, with wide sidewalks and matching pedestrian lighting on both sides. I would be very happy to see that come to fruition.

The "square" part of this development just looks like a joke and complete afterthought, with that wannabe canopy overhang thing serving as their piece de resistance.

As for the tallest tower, that protruding box at the top just needs to go, it looks like it's been randomly tacked on. The mechanical level really needs to be re-thought, it looks like it will be completely soulless as currently proposed.

What I'm noticing here is the proposed Cumberland Street ROW.

Partially pedestrianized (bollards across road); done entirely in interlocking pavers, narrowed, with wide sidewalks and matching pedestrian lighting on both sides. I would be very happy to see that come to fruition.

Yeah, that's actually the component of the proposal that most excites me, but it's unfortunately likely to be a big fight against the Transportation department; they fairly uniformly suck when it comes to anything remotely pedestrian-friendly.

2 BLOOR ST W
Ward 11 - Tor & E.York District
▼View All Properties

2 BLOOR ST W​

Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
Application for Consent​
19 246821 STE 11 CO​
Nov 7, 2019​
In Process​
Contact Information
Hearing Dates​
Committee of Adjustment - South
416-392-7565
coa.tey@toronto.ca
No hearing date currently scheduled.​

sorry can someone explain what is the application of consent. i googled it but cant find any proper answers.

Back