Toronto Cumberland Square | 253.92m | 75s | KingSett Capital | Giannone Petricone

it feels like there are too many ideas that aren't tied together. I love the arches and the public square dedication but not sure about the materials and treatment at this stage

WTF is a 'Sun Beamer'? Likely one of the first things to get cut, along with the large cantilevered box. Also was wondering why there are almost 1000 bicycle parking spaces-seems excessive, no?

Definitely a different approach than what B+H proposed - which was maxing out as many units as possible - mind you with smaller, less refined towers.

Something like this, I imagine.

Central_Park_by_Jean_Nouvel_dezeen_sq.jpg

7,100 square metres of new office space. What are people's thoughts, is it enough given the location at the intersection of two transit lines

Interesting materiality, check
Extensive public space at grade, check
The towers aren't all a variation on the same theme / appear differentiated, check

With the right materials, this could be an extremely compelling project for the block. Ironically, it actually creates that feeling of what Yorkville was before it became home to so many point towers, with the laneways, plaza space, and the materials.

So far, I'm a big fan of this.

This doesn't replace the office building at 2 Bloor W correct ? It's just the `mall` ?

Vancouver has Vancouver house, Calgary has Telus sky so why should Toronto stay behind. Montreal will catch up later. lol!

How will the above ground parking meet the street wall? It will be ok if hidden behind retail or residential. While the overall concept is interesting the final product could look brutal if multiple floors are above ground parking, similar to Harbourfront on Queen's Quay or the massive grey wall (the planned Target location) on Habour street. It will create a cold or industrial feeling on the street below.

Back