Toronto

Cumberland Square | 254m | 75s | KingSett Capital | Giannone Petricone

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wish someone would explain their complaints with some specifics. If you want to throw cold water on a party, tell us why we have to go home. ;-)

These renders are not very informative... could be great, could be stinkers. I'll wait a bit.

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
What I'm noticing here is the proposed Cumberland Street ROW.

Partially pedestrianized (bollards across road); done entirely in interlocking pavers, narrowed, with wide sidewalks and matching pedestrian lighting on both sides. I would be very happy to see that come to fruition.

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
The "square" part of this development just looks like a joke and complete afterthought, with that wannabe canopy overhang thing serving as their piece de resistance.

As for the tallest tower, that protruding box at the top just needs to go, it looks like it's been randomly tacked on. The mechanical level really needs to be re-thought, it looks like it will be completely soulless as currently proposed.

ADRM

Member Bio
Reaction score
What I'm noticing here is the proposed Cumberland Street ROW.

Partially pedestrianized (bollards across road); done entirely in interlocking pavers, narrowed, with wide sidewalks and matching pedestrian lighting on both sides. I would be very happy to see that come to fruition.
Yeah, that's actually the component of the proposal that most excites me, but it's unfortunately likely to be a big fight against the Transportation department; they fairly uniformly suck when it comes to anything remotely pedestrian-friendly.