Toronto Cumberland at Yorkville Plaza | 124.96m | 40s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH

New renderings that appear to have plopped the tower down in the middle of a hundred-acre park, with no other buildings around for miles...

Ya really. Is this the most expensive condo market in Canada or (no offense) Don Mills and Eglinton?

Listen up Camrost- you can do better!

I actually thought it was rather attractive. Especially once they tear down all the surrounding buildings and plant that wonderful forest!!!

The local bars and restaurants will be thrilled to have another 400 or so university students living in the area.

Their parents buy them as investments as a way for the family to immigrate to Canada as investors. They rent them out until their kids are ready to go to university. Then their kids live in them. Finally, they sell them. Wait and see. In three years 1 Bedford will have 1/4 to half of their units for sale. These Yorkville and Cumberland buildings, along with the old Sutton Hotel, will be five to six years behind.

Expensive frat houses, all of them.

Struggle to see how 2,000 units holds 1/40th of u of ts (1/55th if you include ryerson) student base, with those 2,000 all being from out of country with wealthy parents buying condos for them..

Last edited:
I don't know how many parents are buying for their kids but many are renting. When I was at Ryerson from 2005-2009, lots of students were living at Pantages and One City Hall (I lived in both, not to mention others I knew at the Met and Bay St corridor). In my case my parents and I split the rent costs (at the time studios were $1100-$1300). There's a lot of family money floating around for students to be renting. That said I did personally know of 3 students who were internationals and their parents bought a place for their studies. One still has the place and is renting it out, not sure about the other two.

I would imagine there would be less UofT students here than at say 1 Bedford or 736 Spadina or Bay St but I'm sure there will at least be a couple dozen in a building this large even with higher than average rents.

Last edited:
Those wealthy Chinese Fuerdai.

This is true though. I know many new immigrant families who have heavily invested in downtown developments. Condos near U of T and Ryerson are especially attractive investments for them.

Last edited:
I guess I'm just not one of those people haha, I'm starting to look for a place downtown after a year of commuting and its hard to find one in my price range..

Found an additional rendering.

The-Cumberland-Condos-At-Yorkville-Plaza-Toronto-21-Avenue-Rd-Victoria-Boscariol-Chestnut-Park-Real-Estate.jpg

Back