Cumberland at Yorkville Plaza | 125m | 40s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH

jje1000

Member Bio
Reaction score
The four spandrel panels mid-tower look awful.
I feel that it's distinctly a Toronto thing for being both aspirational (Kitchener/London/Hamilton are perfectly fine with their unsophisticated non-glass tower blocks and basic urbanism) while being unwilling to spend- which means that complex designs are implemented in a cheap manner.

I mean, just look at what Tridel's doing to 3XN's Scandinavian design on the waterfront? And how the city refuses to adequately pay for its own services?

Last edited:

TheKingEast

Member Bio
Reaction score
I can't get over how bad this is. Yorkville's supposed to be one of the posh areas of the country and we have 3 stinkers going up as we speak. :mad:

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Attention to detail has never been Camrost-Felcorp's forte. Another case in point is the mish-mashed asymmetrical jumble at their 101 St. Clair project. The random placement of those spandrel panels mid-tower and the treatment of the overhang side cladding here is bottom of the barrel stuff.

Last edited:

WislaHD

Member Bio
Reaction score
I can't get over how bad this is. Yorkville's supposed to be one of the posh areas of the country and we have 3 stinkers going up as we speak. :mad:
I don't remember Yorkville's golden era since I was probably not even born yet, but I do remember how cool of a neighbourhood it still was when I was a kid.

The Yorkville of today has little redeeming values that attract my attention or desire to visit. It seems to me like the contemporary Yorkville as a neighbourhood is more "famous for being famous" than anything else. It is the Paris Hilton of Toronto neighbourhoods.

condovo

Member Bio
Reaction score
Those 4 grey spandrel panels in the middle of the tower are ridiculous. It looks like 4 glass panels have fallen out and they've been replaced temporarily with grey-painted plywood. Awful.

Last edited:

bmiller

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's not an attractive building by any means. Considering the location , and cost /sqft. i would expect a lot more as a potential purchaser. I guess looks aren't everything.
I wouldn't want to be leaning too far looking out one of those windows on that big square boil at the top.