Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

I am not a 'structural' person but this building looks really light on structure. It looks like a real life deck of cards building.

It stays standing because the concrete is reenforced by a skeleton of PURE BLU CRYSTAL. If you were to chip away at the cladding, you might catch a glimpse.

Christ, what were they thinking?

I'm hoping that if enough people complain about those crystal details they can just fill them in with concrete... it looks easily doable.

tag? as in the "Michael Lee" Blue Cheese Crystal?

Last edited:
This project is kicking ass to Uptown for growth.

Both project precast suck sorry to say for what I saw today for this project.

There is another project a few blocks away doesn't cut it for me and it not BNH.

Time for on designer to come up with better design as well getting the precast folks to stop making than a simple pour and pull out slab.

More colours than white or off white.

Aug 12

IMG_aug-12-09-0265.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0137.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0152.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0154.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0156.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0157.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0158.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0159.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0166.jpg

IMG_aug-12-09-0168.jpg

Aug 22nd

Coming out of the Varsity cinemas last night onto Balmuto street the crystals in the precast had a really interesting glow to them, presumably by light picked up from the street lights. It's a very impressive effect.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Glass is being installed on the first few floors around the back – not very CrystalBlu – more like Bland ‘n Boring Grey.

there must have been a sale on Bland ‘n Boring Grey glass and so we are left with the ridiculous blue crystal fragments to make the name make sense.

It would have looked cool if the building was in a huge blue crystal shape. Blue glass tower with stalagmites on top.

Last edited:

Back