Toronto Crosstown Place | 47.55m | 9s | Metrus | Core Architects

Yesterday:
IMG_1619.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG
IMG_1624.JPG

I'd argue a 6-8 lane stroad isn't a "great street" to begin with. But that's just me...
c
Don Mills could be a Champs Elysees if we wanted it to be!
I remember having to cross this stroad everyday after middle school to catch a connecting bus, and it was so dehumanizing.I felt like a windswept ant, trying to cross the vast asphalt tundra safely before the countdown ended.

It absolutely could not be.

What? PE........ are you telling everyone, with a straight face, that Don Mills could not be lined with 19th Century Limestone clad buildings, with upscale and touristy retail at grade, large streetscape zones, and a huge piece of sculpture at the end point?

What are you smoking PE?

🤣

c

I remember having to cross this stroad everyday after middle school to catch a connecting bus, and it was so dehumanizing.I felt like a windswept ant, trying to cross the vast asphalt tundra safely before the countdown ended.

Reminds me of 2016-2019ish when I worked at York Mills & Don Mills and I'd have to make a similar crossing. Boy do I not miss those days. 🥲

What? PE........ are you telling everyone, with a straight face, that Don Mills could not be lined with 19th Century Limestone clad buildings, with upscale and touristy retail at grade, large streetscape zones, and a huge piece of sculpture at the end point?

What are you smoking PE?

🤣
I typed that post in Paris...

Back