Toronto Crosstown LRT: Science Centre Station | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Driving by it every day, it looks like the hardscaping around the corner entrance is almost complete. If they wanted to, I think they could remove the jersey barriers and start getting that corner back to normal with the next few weeks.

And on an initial impression: I'm really disappointed the landscaping plan didn't include space for some large trees around the corner. If ever there was a corner that could use some greenery to soften the edges... And it's such a large plaza on the corner as well. It looks like they could've easily accommodated a dozen large trees there without interrupting anything.

Will there be any parking? For people to park and take the LRT at the Don Valley.

There is a lot of parking at the Science Centre North Parking Lot right beside the station entrance. Also a lot of parking at the Superstore. Both parking spots are never filled to the capacity (or even close to) will be interesting to see whether Metrolinx / TTC creates a deal with the land owners to allocate X amount of space for LRT Riders.

I assume this will be a must once Ontario Line is built. This would be the last station similar to Finch where there are a number of lots for TTC riders.

Will there be any parking? For people to park and take the LRT at the Don Valley.
The Science Centre station will provide 30 outdoor and 30 indoor bicycle parking spaces. No automobile parking. There is something called a bus terminal, and a Ontario Line terminal station.

The Science Centre station will provide 30 outdoor and 30 indoor bicycle parking spaces. No automobile parking. There is something called a bus terminal, and a Ontario Line terminal station.
Well we all cant live in the city you know. There is a major highway right next to this line. I would think they would have planned for a mass amount of people getting off the highway and wanting to park.

Bit snarky there, LOL

It wasn't an unreasonable question. Even if the answer is 'no'.

Well we all cant live in the city you know. There is a major highway right next to this line. I would think they would have planned for a mass amount of people getting off the highway and wanting to park.

That's fair, I suspect you'll find that planning steers clear of providing parking this far into the the City on a go-forward basis.

The assumption being that someone willing to drive as far in as Eglinton is probably committed to driving all the way; and to discourage locals from clogging roads in order to get to the station.

Parking will continue to be provided at more outlying stations, though I would hope it would be paid parking to encourage people to consider transit for their entire journey where practical.

That's fair, I suspect you'll find that planning steers clear of providing parking this far into the the City on a go-forward basis.

The assumption being that someone willing to drive as far in as Eglinton is probably committed to driving all the way; and to discourage locals from clogging roads in order to get to the station.

Parking will continue to be provided at more outlying stations, though I would hope it would be paid parking to encourage people to consider transit for their entire journey where practI get

I get the fact of not offering parking this far into the city and that is a valid point. I would expect it to be paid parking, free would cause a major issue. However the major issue is there is only two lines off of the 404 that offer parking and only one of them is currently available.

1. Don mills station.
2. Future Bloomington GO station.

Don mills station is not currently reliving the Yonge university line and wont be for a long time.
Future Bloomington station does not stop at Bloor or Eglinton and forces people to go to union station and go north if they want to go to midtown.

The is a major reason I believe the Donvally is Toronto's parking lot.

There would be GO Transit stations that provide parking for people to get into the city centre. They are, however, trying to reduce the car parking even there. People should be using the local public transit to and from the outer reaches of GO Transit. Or bicycles or kiss-n-ride.

Now, it only they could start planning (and constructing) on the Midtown GO Train, the Science Centre (Don Mills) Station could connect with that, as well, and become a transit hub.

go-midtown-map.png

From link.

I wonder if y'all could help me and @HousingNowTO with something - who owns the land in front of the Science Centre TTC bus terminal (red) along Eglinton Avenue?
There's a nice strip of land perfect for some development!
1631721826325.png

I know, I mean this bit of land here south of what will be the bus terminal, along Eglinton Ave
View attachment 349109

Looks like the City to me.

The lot lines on TOMaps show it as part of the Eglinton Avenue East ROW.

1631729025810.png

The pink line near the top of the image is the south limit of the new bus terminal.

The pink line at the bottom is oddly placed, but would be the Eglinton ROW on the south side.

The box with 1180 is rather confusing..........

City ownership would make sense here, as the Eglinton/Don Mills interchange was conceived as a future expressway-style flyover, which is why the City owns the parcels on the south side (ramps)

Last edited:

Back