Toronto Crosstown LRT: Mount Pleasant Station | ?m | 1s | Metrolinx | NORR

Sorry if there is a better location for this but whatever happened to the eglinton next (not sure if that's what it was called) proposal in terms of how landscaping will be handled ?

August 10th
20220810_205446.jpg
20220810_205033.jpg
20220810_205019.jpg
20220810_205234.jpg
20220810_204605.jpg
20220810_204707.jpg
20220810_204624.jpg
20220810_204636.jpg

Sorry if there is a better location for this but whatever happened to the eglinton next (not sure if that's what it was called) proposal in terms of how landscaping will be handled ?
Metrolinx is implementing it around the stations. The city, despite having had 8 years to find funding, has not yet found funding (shocker) and will be simply resurfacing Eglinton in 2023 and implementing temporary bike lanes like on the Danforth until the funds can be identified for the project.

Modern and historical can complement each other well but this modern interior failed to capitalize on that opportunity. Rather than work with what they preserved it's as though they pretended it wasn't there at all. Why bother preserving if you're going to do completely disrespect the architecture?

The interior is a missed opportunity and extremely disappointing.

Last edited:
I wish they'd use the Canada Post (and general everyday standard) of Eglinton Ave E. It gets pretty wordy otherwise.
Based on the wayfinding standard the exit sign you are seeing has a white box on the right side with a black arrow pointing up, and on the black background a yellow walking pedestrian icon, the words "to Eglinton Avenue East" in white, and under that in grey "vers Eglinton Avenue East". The emergency exit sign which can be independent of wayfinding (signage guiding you to a specific exit may not be guiding to the fastest emergency route) is centered over the door and lit brightly in green in the correct proportions that don't make you wonder if Nigeria got a new flag with a running man in the middle.

The entrance sign has "Mount Pleasant" and a standardized non-route-specific subway/LRT logo inline with that text all centered. The accessibility signage is on the entrance itself mounted so it averages 1.4m above the ground.

These pictures make it hard to see, but that it what you are seeing based on the standard.

Last edited:
It's frustrating to see them add yet another font to the transit system. The TTC did a pretty good job in its recent branding efforts to universally employ its unique, effective (and in my opinion, iconic) subway font. Another missed design opportunity to show consistency and use one of the few recognized Toronto "brands".

It's frustrating to see them add yet another font to the transit system. The TTC did a pretty good job in its recent branding efforts to universally employ its unique, effective (and in my opinion, iconic) subway font. Another missed design opportunity to show consistency and use one of the few recognized Toronto "brands".
The problem is Metrolink hired a "wayfinding expert" and they did surveys with people both in and outside of Toronto and local councilors on what they should do for wayfinding. What they should have done is skipped all of that and just used the TTC wayfinding.

People will try and point out that they are trying to regionalize transit by trying to have everyone use the stupid pointless T symbol that they came up with so that everyone will know that when they see this amazing symbol that there is a transit stop her or a station her I should go there to board my train, bis streetcar or LRT. Metrolink wasted money on this and unfortunately, we can't get them to realize it or make the changes that they should because they don't care about anyone other than themselves and the people they hire to give them bad advice.

Why exactly is there no line number on the sign? What "wayfinding expert" thought that was a good idea?

Back