Toronto Crosstown LRT: Mount Pleasant Station | ?m | 1s | Metrolinx | NORR

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Member Bio
Reaction score
We're getting individual threads started for stations along the Crosstown LRT line. Here's the state of Mount Pleasant Station as of this morning:

West entrance:
IMG_9110.JPG

IMG_9118.JPG

East entrance:
IMG_9111.JPG

IMG_9112.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9110.JPG
    IMG_9110.JPG
    393.8 KB · Views: 4,874
  • IMG_9111.JPG
    IMG_9111.JPG
    467.5 KB · Views: 3,002
  • IMG_9112.JPG
    IMG_9112.JPG
    483.2 KB · Views: 2,798
  • IMG_9118.JPG
    IMG_9118.JPG
    391.9 KB · Views: 3,809
You will be getting these threads for the Spadina extension stations shortly!

I'm thinking that the Crosstown surface stops can likely be accommodated in one thread. How does everyone feel about that?

I'm thinking that the Crosstown surface stops can likely be accommodated in one thread. How does everyone feel about that?

Surface stops in one thread makes sense as they are more uniform and smaller projects. Not sure what Mount Dennis station is considered, but it should have its own thread too.

I'm super excited to see Crosstown stations starting construction. I know Toronto has a long way to go on the transit file, but this is really really solid progress.

I agree about the surface stops, but I don't see much benefit for making separate threads for Spadina as well (a project that is set to wrap up next year anyway). Unless someone wishes to go through 400 pages of posts and photo updates in order to move them to individual threads, it might be best to keep the current setup that has been in place for almost 10 years.

I am going through those 400 pages! (Gulp!) The idea is to pull out or at least copy posts of construction shots and renderings into separate threads in the Buildings section. The main thread for the line will remain in the Transport section.

We have a dataBase file for each of the stations, and they are essentially buried by not having threads for the stations.

There's lots more photography of the stations to come of course, especially once they open and everyone has access. From the two tours we've done so far (a third is coming soon), we're convinced you'll all go snap-happy when the line opens!

West entrance:
img_9110-jpg.94014

img_9118-jpg.94017

I said so before, but I seriously lament the loss of the Second Cup building that was here before.

MtPleasantEg.png

Maybe there was nothing particularly special about this building to be worthy of heritage designation and preservation, but the Second Cup had very cool interiors, and I think this would have made for an awesome station entrance.

Instead, we will get some unoriginal modern station entrance design here instead.

Attachments

• MtPleasantEg.png
    MtPleasantEg.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,154
I said so before, but I seriously lament the loss of the Second Cup building that was here before.

View attachment 94025

Maybe there was nothing particularly special about this building to be worthy of heritage designation and preservation, but the Second Cup had very cool interiors, and I think this would have made for an awesome station entrance.

Instead, we will get some unoriginal modern station entrance design here instead.

I miss it too, but luckily we're gonna see it again in 2021 when the line opens! I believe that the building was dismantled and stored, not demolished. Check out the latest renderings from Crosslinx (via Crosstown website) of the proposed station. Also note the inclusion of a "cafe" in the rendering. Looks like you might get your building AND Second Cup back :) I think it will be the only station on the line that has a different exterior aestetic - and I am glad!

From Crosstown site: At this location, there will be two entrances. The main, fully accessible entrance at the northwest corner of Eglinton Avenue and Mount Pleasant Road. This entrance will also retain and integrate the exterior of the existing building, and will include retail space at street level. The secondary entrance will be located at the northeast corner of Eglinton and Mount Pleasant Road.
mt_pleasant.jpg

http://thecrosstown.ca/the-project/stations-and-stops/mount-pleasant-station

Oh my, I had not known! Well colour me impressed.

Still, it is regrettable that they did not look at this as an opportunity for intensification of the site. We could have had a midrise development on top of this site with the restored building above as the facade.

A midrise? I suppose it would work, although I think they'd need to purchase the building west of it to make it a bit more feasible of an option. IMO, I'm glad they're keeping this building's façade. This building really meets the corner well (or it did I suppose at this time), and will be interesting to see how it's reinvigorated.

A midrise? I suppose it would work, although I think they'd need to purchase the building west of it to make it a bit more feasible of an option.
Indeed, I am waiting for these ones to go as well:

MtPleasantEg2.png

Hopefully while maintaining or even building on sqft office space.

Attachments

• MtPleasantEg2.png
    MtPleasantEg2.png
    2 MB · Views: 1,532

Back