News   Apr 19, 2024
 95     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 751     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 7.4K     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I drove the line from Mount Dennis to Science Centre late last week to see if it was worth video updates but mostly the sites looked similar to what I have shown before on the channel. Eglinton's station head is more complete now but the road is still temporarily covered. The stations are not miles away (except Eglinton) and some look almost ready to open. The shots of Kennedy inside are encouraging from a completion perspective. The one huge thing that I noticed was how appalllingly bad the condition of Eglinton Avenue road is along the line to about Mount Pleasant. Will need complete resurfacing soon between stations. Might be part of project completion.

It would certainly be interesting to know how long they can hold this up without opening it. I have a bad feeling that something is very wrong at Eglinton and they cannot figure out a solution without tearing up much of what they have built. I hope not though. The silence is deafening.

I drove the line from Mount Dennis to Science Centre late last week to see if it was worth video updates but mostly the sites looked similar to what I have shown before on the channel. Eglinton's station head is more complete now but the road is still temporarily covered. The stations are not miles away (except Eglinton) and some look almost ready to open. The shots of Kennedy inside are encouraging from a completion perspective. The one huge thing that I noticed was how appalllingly bad the condition of Eglinton Avenue road is along the line to about Mount Pleasant. Will need complete resurfacing soon between stations. Might be part of project completion.

It would certainly be interesting to know how long they can hold this up without opening it. I have a bad feeling that something is very wrong at Eglinton and they cannot figure out a solution without tearing up much of what they have built. I hope not though. The silence is deafening.
Anything outside the stations has no impact on the line opening date. Road work is one of the last thing to be done that only effect surface traffic. If there is sidewalks work around the station once its in service, entrance will be open with limited access until the work is done.

What we can't see is the work inside of the stations themselves with Kennedy being the last one as well Yonge to be fully completed. The rest should be completed by now or needing small amount of finishings touchup.

As noted, Yonge could be a problematic station as somethings have not worked out as plan or have gone south. Until Yonge is completed, the line will not open even for bypassing it.

Anything outside the stations has no impact on the line opening date. Road work is one of the last thing to be done that only effect surface traffic. If there is sidewalks work around the station once its in service, entrance will be open with limited access until the work is done.

What we can't see is the work inside of the stations themselves with Kennedy being the last one as well Yonge to be fully completed. The rest should be completed by now or needing small amount of finishings touchup.

As noted, Yonge could be a problematic station as somethings have not worked out as plan or have gone south. Until Yonge is completed, the line will not open even for bypassing it.
Drum do you have any insight what the problems at yonge station are exactly?

Yes, upon re- reading, my post might have been a bit misleading. I suggested that resurfacing Eglinton might be part of the project completion but wrongly implied that it would hold up opening of the line.

Yes, upon re- reading, my post might have been a bit misleading. I suggested that resurfacing Eglinton might be part of the project completion but wrongly implied that it would hold up opening of the line.

People move into houses where the grass & landscaping has not been done and the driveway is unpaved.

Drum do you have any insight what the problems at yonge station are exactly?
Its a feeling and reading between the lines of things been posted by Metrolinx and others.

People move into houses where the grass & landscaping has not been done and the driveway is unpaved.
Its the same thing for moving into an condo where there work both inside and out still taking place
I don't believe the roads not directly outside the stations are part of CTS scope of work.
Yes there are if it was dug up for underground work or impacted by construction of the stations. Outside the construction zone, the roads are the responsibility of Toronto.

E692EA66-B26D-48DB-9354-7AC98962CFD5.jpeg
1673236350286.png

Its a feeling and reading between the lines of things been posted by Metrolinx and others.
Im wondering if it has anything to do with the planned shift of the Eglinton platform several meters to align with the station below? I don't frequent the subway, so Im not sure if that work has even started yet? I thought that there were going to be a large number of Eglinton station closings to accommodate this work, but Im not aware of any closings other than for the signalling upgrades....

Im wondering if it has anything to do with the planned shift of the Eglinton platform several meters to align with the station below? I don't frequent the subway, so Im not sure if that work has even started yet? I thought that there were going to be a large number of Eglinton station closings to accommodate this work, but Im not aware of any closings other than for the signalling upgrades....
I was wondering the same thing, the Eg station thread has a bit of an update. Platform shift has apparently been minimized to leave the pocket track.

There's still some finishes to apply but from my understanding most of the work on the extended platform has been completed.

Dan

Back