News   Apr 18, 2024
 664     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

“The City encourages residents to plan their travel in advance, be patient on the roads and expect delays. Where possible, we encourage alternatives to driving such as walking, cycling and taking transit, which lessens traffic congestion and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.”

With no infrastructure, I would be caught dead cycling in that area.

“The City encourages residents to plan their travel in advance, be patient on the roads and expect delays. Where possible, we encourage alternatives to driving such as walking, cycling and taking transit, which lessens traffic congestion and reduces greenhouse gas emissions.”

Except that with traffic congestion cause by single-occupant autos, the cyclists would end up passing most of the motorists.

lol this is why people are giving up on doing good in Toronto - let's make life really difficult for people so maybe they'll ride a bike.

Except that with traffic congestion cause by single-occupant autos, the cyclists would end up passing most of the motorists.
I would recommend caution with this approach. With a lot of traffic people get pretty angry and try all sorts of shenanigans with their cars, like trying to cut around people, running lights, and cutting you off in a bike lane. When I’m doubt, take the lane and don’t get squeezed between a car and another immovable object without an escape.

(PS. Of course, I’m human and have violated this rule, and at times have been shaken by the close calls I’ve had :/ )

Sidewalk Restoration Work at Leaside Station - January 9, 2023

From link.

leaside_0.png

As early as Monday, January 9, 2023, crews at Leaside Station will perform sidewalk restoration works on the south side of Eglinton Avenue, west of Bayview Avenue. This work is expected to take place between 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. for approximately three (3) days. Temporary pedestrian rerouting will be in effect during this work.

What to Expect

Temporary timber ramps will be constructed to maintain access to private properties. The existing sidewalk will be removed, and a new sidewalk will be constructed in its place. Noise from construction equipment including jackhammers, concrete trucks, and hand tools can be expected.

HOURS OF WORK
• As early as Monday, January 9, 2023.
• This work is expected to take place between 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. for approximately three (3) days.
• This work may be rescheduled due to inclement weather and/or unforeseen circumstances.

Sidewalk Restoration on Eglinton Avenue East at Don Avon Drive - Monday, January 9, 2023

From link.

laird_1.png

As early as Monday, January 9, 2023, crews at Laird Station will be performing sidewalk restoration work and removing the temporary tactile plates at Eglinton Avenue East and Don Avon Drive. To facilitate this work safely, eastbound and westbound traffic on Eglinton Avenue East will be reduced to two through lanes at Don Avon Drive. Pedestrians will be safely rerouted around the work zone. This work will be carried out in two phases (refer to maps). This work is expected to take place on Monday – Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., for approximately two (2) weeks. Upon completion of the work the sidewalk will reopen.

What to Expect

Crews will be performing sidewalk restoration works and remove the temporary tactile plates at Eglinton Avenue East and Don Avon Drive. Upon completion of the work the sidewalk will reopen. Concrete barriers, fencing, and signage will be in place to delineate the work zones. Noise from construction activities can be expected. Expect delays while traveling through the area.

HOURS OF WORK

• As early as Monday, January 9, 2023, for approximately two (2) weeks.
• Work is expected to take place on Monday to Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
• Work may be rescheduled due to inclement weather and/or unforeseen circumstances.
• This work may be longer or shorter than expected.

TRAFFIC DETAILS

• Eastbound and westbound traffic on Eglinton Avenue East will be reduced to two through lanes at Don Avon Drive.

The real surprise here is seeing Kennedy in a somewhat complete looking state.
Not really if you've been to it in the last few months most of what has been being worked on is the second go train platform, most of everything else aside from the actual connections to the existing station are done at this point.

Not sure if this was posted already here... truly disappointing news.

Not sure if this was posted already here... truly disappointing news.
ya this was posted back in december.

Back