News   Mar 28, 2024
 224     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 613     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 373     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

After seeing videos showing how kneecapped Line 5 will be at left-turns, this is a positive sign for the line. The LRT is running quickly and outruns the bus from which this video was shot.

It might seem obvious to us that within its own RoW, line 5 should be operating at a high speed, but even the 501 trundled along its RoW on the Queensway in recent years, so with the TTC at the controls I didn't feel it was a sure thing.

After seeing videos showing how kneecapped Line 5 will be at left-turns, this is a positive sign for the line. The LRT is running quickly and outruns the bus from which this video was shot.

It might seem obvious to us that within its own RoW, line 5 should be operating at a high speed, but even the 501 trundled along its RoW on the Queensway in recent years, so with the TTC at the controls I didn't feel it was a sure thing.

It did seem to accelerate from a standstill at a fairly fast speed.

I don't get why there's no effort to speed up the construction at this point to three shifts. You see roads being built at night and on the weekend. What makes this multi-billion dollar transit line so unimportant?
you do know that means they only work at night and on weekends, theyre only doing like 9 hours 7 days a week which i do believe theyre doing

you do know that means they only work at night and on weekends, theyre only doing like 9 hours 7 days a week which i do believe theyre doing
they need to have a night shift in order to complete this line by early 2023.... crosslinx complains they need more time yet they dont maximize their schedules...

I don't get why there's no effort to speed up the construction at this point to three shifts. You see roads being built at night and on the weekend. What makes this multi-billion dollar transit line so unimportant?
Cus transit is seen as being "for the poors" and is therefore not a priority to the people in power (who all drive everywhere in large SUVs). Which also is why roads get built much faster. It's whatever benefits the ruling class that gets priority.

I know cynicism is easy, but it's pretty unattractive. Roads are cheap and easy and most of the public drives because we have no choice if we want to get anywhere on time. Politicians also get sticker shock because our transit is so extremely and unjustifiably expensive. This conspiratorial thinking is so cringey.

Politicians also get sticker shock because our transit is so extremely and unjustifiably expensive. This conspiratorial thinking is so cringey.
Thing is, they're the one's who are making transit so unjustifiably expensive.

There's a well written report out there for instance which literally details for them how to reduce the cost of building large transit infrastructure, which they choose to conveniently ignore. Not even talking about how they like to pander to small groups of voters, which the end result sees projects costing substantially more than they need to.

What makes you think that they are not?

Look at the Construction Updates section of the website, there are lots of notices in there for overnight and weekend work.

Dan

What makes you think that they are not?

Look at the Construction Updates section of the website, there are lots of notices in there for overnight and weekend work.

Dan

I've passed the construction sites at different times outside of business hours in the past few months and didn't see any work taking place or construciton vehicles at stations. If it's a 24/7 operation throughout the project site (including at every station), that would be a new development. I'm not sure why we're not seeing that kind of work now given how many times the opening date has been delayed.

The p3 consortiums and the government are basically in a sue-off stalemate with each other right now. No one wants to pull the trigger that would cause another round of lawsuits and counter suing and potentially more delays because of it.

Mom and Dad are just going to pretend to be happy until the kids are off to college.

Back