News   Apr 15, 2024
 915     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 646     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Took this two days ago overlooking the site south of Eglinton on Yonge. That's the pedestrian tunnel running E-W under Yonge visible on the right - looks like they're about ready to start formwork for its reconstruction.

PXL_20220913_201223756.jpg

Took this two days ago overlooking the site south of Eglinton on Yonge. That's the pedestrian tunnel running E-W under Yonge visible on the right - looks like they're about ready to start formwork for its reconstruction.

View attachment 427064
Wow there really is a ton of work left to do.

View attachment 427064
crazy to believe that Crosslinx is still on track to complete this only 6 days from now!

I mean seriously, when is Metrolinx going to say it's actually delayed again?

crazy to believe that Crosslinx is still on track to complete this only 6 days from now!

I mean seriously, when is Metrolinx going to say it's actually delayed again?
Their official line in response to any questions about timeline has been end of 2022 for completion for some time now. Not that I think that's achievable either, but they haven't said September in a long time.

New presentation materials were provided by the consortium this week wrt Eglinton, Mt Pleasant, Laird, and Leaside stations

Its impossible to read these reports - they show up in a little tiny window and full screen view doesn't work...

I thought there was talk about opening day one without the main entrance to the station, as there was a secondary entrance available.
The main entrance is moving along nicely. It's the connections between the existing subway platform and the LRT platform that are the problem. This is why for that very briefest of moments there was the idea to open the line, but requiring a surface connection between the two to allow for the final bits to be completed.

Dan

This is why for that very briefest of moments there was the idea to open the line, but requiring a surface connection between the two to allow for the final bits to be completed.
Is that so terrible?

They did that at one point in NYC to change from the PATH to the C train in NYC, at Chambers Street (from the new Oculus WTC Path station). As the WTC is the terminus, there was a significant amount of people changing trains.

The main entrance is moving along nicely. It's the connections between the existing subway platform and the LRT platform that are the problem. This is why for that very briefest of moments there was the idea to open the line, but requiring a surface connection between the two to allow for the final bits to be completed.

Dan
Also, don't they still have to shift existing Eglinton subway platform several meters north?

View attachment 427064
Man that picture looks cool, being able to see the depth of all the tunnels and stuff is epic 👌

Is that so terrible?

They did that at one point in NYC to change from the PATH to the C train in NYC, at Chambers Street (from the new Oculus WTC Path station). As the WTC is the terminus, there was a significant amount of people changing trains.
I agree that they should open the line, even if the direct connection isn't ready. I would also support opening the line without Eglinton and calling it a soft-launch. It wouldn't be an ideal situation but it would mean getting real-world test data before the busiest connection is opened, and it's better than the alternative, which is no LRT service at all.

Back