249     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 238     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 279     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

Kennedy station main entrance

F98AA147-D1E6-47FD-B6CB-4F6223FE3BF7.jpeg

I can't wait for this to be done! Took the 34 from Bayview to Vic Park the other day and the lane reductions around Laird made for some pretty awful traffic. Past Don Mills though, things are looking mostly done. A bit of landscaping and line painted to go, but it's really close. Out at Kennedy the other night they had the entire westbound side of Eglinton from Midland past Kennedy closed for what looked like a massive one-night pave-apalooza to finish the top coat on that stretch.

It's amazing how quickly a project can move when it's led from the top down by a vindictive autocratic leader. Ford threw away years of planning on the DRL line for ... reasons ... then magically came up with the OL line plan. Even if the OL line winds up being a great success I will still criticize Ford for going rouge here.

The same is happening in Hamilton
i keep reading this as Doug Ford going rouge, meaning going red, not rogue as to behave in an independent or uncontrolled way… I honestly thought it was a vailed liberal dig

It's amazing how quickly a project can move when it's led from the top down by a vindictive autocratic leader. Ford threw away years of planning on the DRL line for ... reasons ... then magically came up with the OL line plan. Even if the OL line winds up being a great success I will still criticize Ford for going rouge here.

The same is happening in Hamilton
What exactly is happening in Hamilton? Ford played stupid political games to shift some costs of the project to the Feds and delayed it by several more years, but it’s still happening in the same form it was always planned to.

“Vindictive autocratic” is also arguably why Ford has shown so much progress on the transit front. Dithering for more “consultation” and bloating projects to appeal neighbours is exactly one of the largest criticisms of modern western infrastructure programs, and is what often what causes them to fail. You get a few hurt feelings the way Ford does it (clearly), but at the end of the day the infrastructure actually gets built within one generation and at somewhat reasonable budgets..

Last edited:
according to the open house document completion of landscaping is still part of "Remaining work in 2022", let's hold off complaining until they are completed

Last edited:
According to Metrolinx, full-speed testing of Line 5 has been underway for a few months on the at-grade portion of the line.
Here is a video from July 4, showing an LRT stopped at an intersection for well over a minute. We don't actually see when it ends up leaving, nor if it accelerates quickly.
What we can see however is that whatever TSP has been implemented sucks.

According to Metrolinx, full-speed testing of Line 5 has been underway for a few months on the at-grade portion of the line.
Here is a video from July 4, showing an LRT stopped at an intersection for well over a minute. We don't actually see when it ends up leaving, nor if it accelerates quickly.
What we can see however is that whatever TSP has been implemented sucks.

The LRV is travelling in the "wrong" track for testing purposes (heading Westbound on the eastbound track).

I don't know if TSP has been implemented yet but I don't have much hope.

The LRV is travelling in the "wrong" track for testing purposes (heading Westbound on the eastbound track).

I don't know if TSP has been implemented yet but I don't have much hope.
I noticed that too, and it could be what's causing the apparently dismal speed.
I am just going with the info I have though, that ML claims the line is testing at full speed.

I also agree re: TSP. There may be changes forthcoming. I want the operation of this line to be competent, but my hopes have faded.

Back